10K Posts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Perhaps because human beings are generally born with ten fingers, 10000 seems a significant number, just like watching the odometer on my van turn from 99999 to 100000 miles a while ago it feels like it should be celebrated.

I could have run a competition but I've done that before for lesser numbers. I wanted to do something a little different this time.

I joined this forum in back in 2005. I found it quite by accident while searching for some information about an ancient technology, I can't remember exactly what it was now but I do remember it was a post by Mary ( Toddy ) that answered my question.

Since that day I have learned more than I could ever have dreamed of on this forum. I've made contact with people that I will consider friends for the rest of my life and I have been to places I could have never have imagined.

When Tony and Shelly created this forum I doubt if anyone could have known what an impact it would have on the lives of so many people. Through the hard work and gentle care of all the moderators and admin team a unique community has developed. Over the years it has waxed and waned, new forms of social media have come along and changed the way people interact, but the forum remains an incredible resource and indispensable fountain of knowledge.

In many ways over that time, the different aspects of my own life have become indivisible. My living history work draws heavily upon so called "bushcraft" skills. In my outdoor pursuits I often use ancient techniques from history. My craft work draws upon both and my photography has been enabled by all of these things and feeds right back into the websites that I run covering those different aspects of my life and others. It is difficult to see where one thing ends and another begins.

The skills, contacts and knowledge I have developed and improved through the postings and meet ups organised on this forum have been a catalyst for some extraordinary journeys and events in my life and in the end, I decided to create a short photographic presentation to highlight some of those moments.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Linky thing for the Video ===> Thanks for all the memories <=== Linky thing for the Video

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE