how many of us are first aid trained?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

First Aid: how well trained are you

• no proper training

Votes: 101 13.1%
  • Trained but the certificate has run out

Votes: 230 29.8%
  • Trained with current certificate

Votes: 440 57.1%

• Total voters

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
I've had no official traiing (well, very basic) But I've learned an incredible ammount from reading books and geneally picking it up as I go along. I can sort most things out in an emergency but don't claim to be an expert by any measure.

MichaelUK

Jan 25, 2009
Leeds
3 day first aid at work course due for renewing this years but am looking for a good wilderness course for some time this year.

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
I'm an auxiliary nurse on a trauma/orthopaedic ward, so have pretty damn good general knowledge, plus Adult, Paediatric and Surgical life support certificates. Orthopaedic experience particularly helpful with regards to splinting of twists/sprains and broken bones.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Did my course 26 years ago. I think my certificate may be a tad out of date. Perhaps the copperplate handwriting gives it away? :(

Martin

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'm always up to date on my FA courses, cut my fingers slightly a few weeks back, nearly bled to death.
icon7.gif

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
current, First Responder...........trained with Great North Air Ambulance through 4x4Respose North East......when it expires, rather than renew, I will be looking to take the next stage......

Have found it to be extrememly invaluable in the classroom.....cool head through confidence.

Smoggy

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
Am just applying to do the wilderness emergency medical technician course - have basic, advanced and 'other' first aid certificates, am in date and valid.

The reason I want to do the WEMT course is that I will soon have the chance to move to the wilder parts of the globe so i want a good advanced ticket to both use and look good on my resume.

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
basic 4 day first aid renewed 3 times over the course of 12 years.
unfortunately lots of experience in using it, severed fingers, broken bones, heart attack, car accident, nailgun wounds.
I like having the first aid knowledge as it gives me confidence,
should you come upon the scene of an accident a little knowledge can make a big difference

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE