How did you come to Bushcraft UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What brought you here?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 62 15.3%
  • Direct link from another site

Votes: 52 12.9%
  • Search engine - keyword search

Votes: 237 58.7%
  • Other - he he, I think this can be change to...Don't remember!

Votes: 53 13.1%

• Total voters

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Nice thread bump

Met a guy from BB (Dougster/Rich) to go shooting who lived local to me (well to let him have a play with my custom rifle more than anything) we got on he invited me along to a meet, met a group of really nice guys which i'm happy to now call friends. They were all members here so joined initally to say thanks for a great weekend.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I blame my belly :D

I'd just taken up HFT at the time and was on AirgunBBS. Saw the Ray Mears voyageur program one night. Asked on AirgunBBS if anyone could tell me the ingredients in his bannock (the one with the rum n flies :yuck: ) and someone pointed me here.

.and then came BritishBlades... and then Magikelly started SOTP... my wallet's not been the same since :lmao:

edit: oops! - looks like I've already posted in this thread once :banghead:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
google bushcraft then arrived here read wayland post on wayland cookers or hobos and stayed for bit longer.
Then went to moot 2007 and then met wayland, mad dave, the captain and others and the rest is history i now am now on here 24 seven if not at the club or in bed cos with working in a hotel i can be on here while at work sometimes nights is best for this though

drew

ps reason for search well sick of watching mr mears and wanted to do it for real so thought must be otherd who like this so googled it and this was first page i came to

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
I was browsing different bushcraft sites and linked to this site out of curiosity.
A very happy find indeed.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
I blame my belly :D

I'd just taken up HFT at the time and was on AirgunBBS. Saw the Ray Mears voyageur program one night. Asked on AirgunBBS if anyone could tell me the ingredients in his bannock (the one with the rum n flies :yuck: ) and someone pointed me here.

.and then came BritishBlades... and then Magikelly started SOTP... my wallet's not been the same since :lmao:

edit: oops! - looks like I've already posted in this thread once :banghead:

i'm sure i was on airgunbbs, then i seemed to have followed you path to forums... now i've ended up geocaching as well all from here :)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It was Eric Methvens fault! He made me do it! I just wanted to sit and watch the big lads playing, but he said I had to join, or he'd put worms in my wellies!

Okay:rolleyes:, He told me about BCUK, back in April 2007 and said it was a really good site, full of interesting stuff as well as some really nice, interesting folk and it would be right up my "via" "street" or "strada" so I joined and he was right:)

Thanks Eric;)

atb

Steve

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Google tended to divert me here and it looked somwhat popular so I joined ( ; !

Didn't fancy the vibe of BrithishBlades, seemed a bit..american (correct me if im wrong though)

Last edited:

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
I was into the survival scene in the early 80s, used to watch the podgy one on Tracks, i did a few survival courses in the forces,then the podgy one came back on the scene he had some good tv shows ,knows his stuff,met the man a few times,then i stumbled on this site and joined.:1244:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
A friend recommended QDanT's superb travelogues. In the process of finding them I found quite a bit of other stuff I found interesting.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Far far from it. Many members here are members there.

Ah ok, I just assumed it would be like one of those annoying american gun forums..everyone showing off their rediculous 'EDC' .. is there many active members? compared to here.

E

ex member coconino

BCUK kept turning up in search results and I eventually twigged that joining would save me the step of going via Google :)

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I just remember typing in bushcraft into google after watching ray mears "four seasons" episode! loved every second and from then on, i was hooked! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE