How did you come to Bushcraft UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What brought you here?

• Word of mouth

Votes: 62 15.3%
  • Direct link from another site

Votes: 52 12.9%
  • Search engine - keyword search

Votes: 237 58.7%
  • Other - he he, I think this can be change to...Don't remember!

Votes: 53 13.1%

• Total voters

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was wondering the other day how the membership have come to Bushcraft UK I know that some are via internet searches and others word of mouth or links from other sites...Just interested. :D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
After my Woodlore Fundamental course in July 2004 our group decided to keep in touch. A MSN group was created (by PW) to post all pictures of the course, etc. There also was a link section to usefull sites for kit, and other bushcrafty things - including a link to BCUK. When time passed members of our group went off, never came to our group (site), and I spend more time on BCUK ... and still do ... :rolleyes: ;)
Lurked around for a few weeks before I joined in and became a normal member.

I really like BCUK. The people are friendly and full of knowledge on all sorts of terrain. Be it bushcraft or other. I've made virual friends around the globe here, something without BCUK wouldn't have happened. It's a place to relax and don't have to worry about any c-py contents you find on the net.
Though this latter paragraph isn't really an answer on your question :p

:D

:naughty: 600th post ... I'm allmost a spammer :eek:

EDIT:
Forgot to tell that the link to BCUK on our MSN group page was found by a search for "bushcraft" on Google.

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
I came here from Song Of The Paddle. Got to thinking what if my canoe gets trashed on a rapid and I loose my gear would I be able to survive? So came here to try and pick up info and skills to help me make it home.
I have realised that a better understanding of your suroundings adds to the enjoyment.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Couple of years ago now but I think I got here after looking for stuff on UK knife law which lead me to Danzo's article.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I honestly can't remember how I came here, but I can remember I had bushcraftuk.co.uk (the old site) as one of my favourites and I used to click on it from time to time to look at all the good advice and reviews (I bought my lapp pukko because of one of those reviews and I'm glad I did), but it took my ages to find out what a forum was and then to join up and to talk to other people via my computer.....Now thats clever................Jon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I *think* I was looking for info on a tree, Googled in, and found a Goldmine :D :approve: Not only info but informative, interesting people too :You_Rock_

Hey Tony, we don't say it often enough, you did a good thing setting this all up.
Thank you.

Cheers,
Toddy

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
I found out about this site through leon-1 and Neil 1 as I have known them for a few years now and wanted to get back to nature, well do some of the things I used to do but have long since been dormant.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I am almost certain that I stumbled onto this site by accident on a google search. Seems that others were stumbling out there too! As they have mentioned, what a good find :D ! Cheers Tony from Swyn.

Saskia

Mar 2, 2006
The Netherlands
I was searching the internet for information about bow drills. I want to make my own, but still hasn't. :eek: When I started searching in English, it was a lot easier to find information about bushcraft.
Then I found BCUK with many information about all bushcraft subjects. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE