Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
L

Little Mole

I'm new here. Friend (and girlfriend) of Great Pebble. Know a respectable amount about medicinal and edible plants and other wild food, how to catch fish, first aid, how to drive and that's about the extent of my usefulness...apart from digging of course. Oh and having a positive attitude in harsh weather...apart from heat, heat kills me.

If I had to survive in the "bush" (if that bush was in Ireland or somewhere with a similar climate) I think I could manage to do so for as long as I had to...and I think I'd really enjoy it.

So...hello everyone.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome Little Mole, it's great having you on bcuk :biggthump You're off to a good start by getting stuck in, keep it up :wink: It sounds like you've some great knowledge to share with us all, I hope that there is a lot that you can learn as well, I'm sure there is!

:eek:):

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
A hearty welcome to you, Little Mole. It's good to have more ladies on board! (There's quite a few of us now! :-D)

Enjoy the forum! :wave:

L

Little Mole

Thank you all very much. That was a nice welcome. Right....I'm off to explore. I'm sure I'll bump into you all again in the other forums...so many of them too. Thank you again. :wave:

L

Little Mole

Why spend time and energy carving something you can "borrow"? :p

Actually, I tend to stay away from knives as much as possible. As a leftie I've had more than my fair share of knife accidents.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Little Mole said:
Actually, I tend to stay away from knives as much as possible. As a leftie I've had more than my fair share of knife accidents.
Ever heard of safety rules? :eek:): :biggthump

L

Little Mole

Bah.....yes. :eek:): The problem is that most knives are made to suit right handed people and tend to "push" in the wrong direction. When I'm slicing a tomato for example, the knife will usually push towards me rather than away from me. It doesn't happen with all knives but it's something I have to be very careful about.

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
I'd forgotten this, but my (leftie) sister has the same problem with her kitchen knives so had to spend a fortune on a left-handed set

I must try and remember to lend her a scandi knife and see if she gets on with that

L

Little Mole

I wonder if anyone designs knives/multi-tools for lefties. I've had a few problems with my Leatherman. Just general stuff like the knife never being where I expect it to be and the general feeling that everything is in the wrong place.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I'm interested in your first aid know how, would you tell me more about it? I don't understand where the problem comes with knives though unless it's the way a right handed person might sharpen them free hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE