Hello!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Squidders said:
I think lefties hold the pointy end... :nana:

most knives I have seen work equally well in either hand, only things like scissors would be a pain.
A lot of folders are no good for south paws ... even the humble Swiss army knife can be a pain. My Al Mar SERE 2000 is right handed only too ...

Very odd considering that one in every 10 people is left handed.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Folders are a good point... I had in my head fixed blades.

I have a huge catalogue for knives somewhere in the house that *must* have some lefty folders in it... I'll have a look.

L

Little Mole

It could have something to do with how they're sharpened, but most knives will slide to the right because they're designed for right-handed people and sharpened to suit the direction a right-handed person cuts. I'm sure you'd have to use a knife designed for a leftie to understand what I'm talking about.

Strangely enough, once I manage to find the blade on my Leathermole it seems to be pretty well balanced and easy to use, not to mention extremely sharp.

As for first aid, I did a course with St. John's Ambulance last year (and enjoyed it more than just about anything else I've ever done). I have a few natural/alternative medicine first aid tricks up my sleeve too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE