Hats - Camden, London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
On a bit of a whim I decided to investigate Camden (London, UK) for some sort of rain
hat as I've noticed that the weather's been a bit iffy and I'm off to Woodsmoke tomorrow.

Didn't really expect to find much in the market (Camden Market is famous for its odd
selection of wacky clothing) but Rokit - a vintage clothing shop - had a promising looking
hat outside the shop. It didn't fit but the person working there told me they had a large
selection in the back. They do!

I found a gorgeous Tilley (didn't fit) but got a fab 'jungle hat type II' which is fairly DPMish.
Yes I do look a bit of a prat in it, but a dry-headed prat mind. I also got a Helly Hansen
sun hat sort of thing (beige-ish) - both six quid.

Straight after work I went back there with my friend Yasmin (she's going to Woodsmoke
with me - Trailbreaker) and she got the Tilley and another waterproof hat. It's been a hat
frenzy.

They seem to have a fairly limitless supply of second hand (they looked pretty clean!)
suitable-for-bushcraft hats for £6.

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
Not sure if it's the same place, but I wandered into a second hand/vintage clothing place in Camden a few years ago and ended up wandering out with a porkpie hat. Lovely old fella ran the place (tried a few hats and he selected the one that made me look less like an idiot than the others) and inside I could barely move for clothes and hats. Great little shop.

I've always said people should wear more hats (and I don't mean those horrible baseball cap thingies).

Have fun at Woodsmoke :)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Thanks Twoflower - I'm expecting a great time, as always :)

I've still got the paper bag the hats came in and there are several Rokits throughout
London so if anyone's hat hunting and these are within a convenient distance I'd
recommend giving them a look.

Rokit
http://www.rokit.co.uk

225 Camden High Street, NW1 020 7267 3046
101 Brick Lane, E1 020 7375 3864
107 Brick Lane, E1 020 7247 3777
42 Shelton Street, WC2 020 7836 6547

I mean that the paper bag has the address of the London stores printed on it of
course.. a re-reading of that sentence suggests I love the hats so much I'm keeping
the packaging. Not quite :D

I'm not affiliated with Rokit - I merely caused four of their hats to be bought yesterday.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE