Has Anyone found "THE" Knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i have a massive amount of knives , some that i used in the army and some i brought just for bushcraft but this is my new one , it sure feels like the "one "now out of my whole collection
BfF2RdmkKGrHqMH-EMErfRkEMdNBLfNj5qg.jpg

Looks like a nice Knife, know a guy with one and he likes it, i dont think theyre as bad as some say, especialy not for the price. Hows the fit and finish on yours?

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
I am just starting out and looking to buy a knife. I was thinking of pushing the boat out on a £100+ item but it seems the £12 Frosts Mora Clipper is getting a lot of thumbs up - am I right?

Otherwise I like the look of the Fallkniven F1 which can be had for around £80 or the £45 Boar Knife from Woodland Ways...

I am just starting out and looking to buy a knife. I was thinking of pushing the boat out on a £100+ item but it seems the £12 Frosts Mora Clipper is getting a lot of thumbs up - am I right?

Otherwise I like the look of the Fallkniven F1 which can be had for around £80 or the £45 Boar Knife from Woodland Ways...

yep your right get a frosts even if your going to get a more expensive one later goodjob

ATB

Duncan

S

stromer

Hi all..

I'm new to posting here so sorry if I have this in the wrong place.

been reading this post and you're asking about the Ideal knife.. well I'm on Woodlife alot and only just moved over here, but a new vid poped up and I like the knife..

survival-tool.jpg

looks a belter to me

Inusuit

Dec 30, 2009
Wyoming, USA
yep your right get a frosts even if your going to get a more expensive one later goodjob.

Duncan

I have a carbon steel Mora and agree with Duncan. They are great knives. Using and sharpening a Mora will help you decide the style and grind you want on a more expensive knife. And you just might find the Mora is all the knife you need. Isn't fancy but will serve.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I found my perfect knife,great size not to big and well it cuts.
Handle is G10 and has tappered tang with black linners.I love it

Last edited:

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds

If you spend 10 times more than a Mora the knife you get won't be 10 times better.

Mora wins hands down in the value for money side of things.
They are a well established and respected company.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i suppose for me the Best two knives ive ever owned and used would have to be these little Gem's.

My Kellam Wolverine is a lightweight, sturdy, Razor sharp knife with possibly the best designed handle ive ever used, just a real joy to use when out and about, the finish is also of a very high standard.. has been used for loads of things from trimming saplings to battoning.

DSC00056.jpg

kellamwolverine010.jpg

My other favorite is The Knife Bernie Garland made for me, a superb cutter, great blade shape and a lovley handle, a very good knife especialy for high precision tasks however it is strong enough for heavy tasks such as battoning..

woodsmanbirdandtrout002.jpg

woodsmanbirdandtrout004.jpg

Last edited:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
i suppose for me the Best two knives ive ever owned and used would have to be these little Gem's.

My Kellam Wolverine is a lightweight, sturdy, Razor sharp knife with possibly the best designed handle ive ever used, just a real joy to use when out and about, the finish is also of a very high standard.. has been used for loads of things from trimming saplings to battoning.

DSC00056.jpg

kellamwolverine010.jpg

My other favorite is The Knife Bernie Garland made for me, a superb cutter, great blade shape and a lovley handle, a very good knife especialy for high precision tasks however it is strong enough for heavy tasks such as battoning..

woodsmanbirdandtrout002.jpg

woodsmanbirdandtrout004.jpg

Great looking blade.Like the white the linners

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE