Guyot Water Bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As long as the dents aren't a problem (impacting the lid or volume significantly) I couldn't care less. Did I understand you correctly; there will be a "for sale" post in the near future?

Also interested in the standards as long as not to damaged, which i doubt they are.
Can we get an idea of costings of the damaged ones and the new 'as good' stock please.

Thanks again for ordering some in.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
yep im not that bothered in dents if only small,dont know how far i am down the list 8 ish i think i dont know if youve posted yet but i cant see in you trading area?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I emailed the OP to ask if I may post some of his photo's showing his excellent Guyot SS bottle mods, which really increase its usability.

If its okay, I'll post 'em in another thread.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Yeah basically, same sort of thing as the top link of this thread.
I think the Guyot have a lip below the main screw thread with the word 'modify' embossed on it, so an intentional design feature for the pupose of connecting a wire to.

The link Helix put up is that and has a little more on other items the guy has added.. No offence Helix.

So from the 1st BCUSA link on post #1 , the link gives a review , part of which;-

"There is a gracious rim around the top of the bottle that has the word modify written all over it. You might take a small drill and drill holes for a wire on either side. I think I’m going to take light weigh steel cable and fasten a loop around it so I can dangle it over a fire."

Last edited:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I think the Guyot have a lip below the main screw thread with the word 'modify' embossed on it, so an intentional design feature for the pupose of connecting a wire to.....

So from the 1st BCUSA link on post #1 , the link gives a review , part of which;-

"There is a gracious rim around the top of the bottle that has the word modify written all over it...."
I don't think he was talking literally there ;)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I think the Guyot have a lip below the main screw thread with the word 'modify' embossed on it, so an intentional design feature for the pupose of connecting a wire to.

The link Helix put up is that and has a little more on other items the guy has added.. No offence Helix.

"There is a gracious rim around the top of the bottle that has the word modify written all over it. You might take a small drill and drill holes for a wire on either side. I think I’m going to take light weigh steel cable and fasten a loop around it so I can dangle it over a fire."

No offense taken...

The link I posted refers to another person (not Joe) whom carried out different modifications, one of which includes water filtration.

Flix

Feb 13, 2010
Washington State, USA
Hello all,

In response to Helixpteron's gracious invitation, I have posted some pictures and text describing some modifications and accessorizing I did to the Guyot bottle. Here is the link.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE