Guyot Water Bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I carry a squishy cup with me for drinking out of so its not really a problem, the advantage of this particular bottle is if it freezes you stick in on a fire and then its melted

Simon

exactly what i plan to do :)

Maybe stick it near the fire rather than in it. Wouldn't want some nasty steam burns upon opening....

Not in the habbit of putting sealed containers into a fire (i learned my lesson ages ago LOL)

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hahaha that reminds me ;)

Reminiscing: :eek:
When I was a young lad in the scouts I remember thinking if you leave the tin can with lid on its obvious that it will heat up quicker. and if you wait till the lid expands then you can just take out the tin from the fire and then open up the tin for top quality beans.....
But... if you don't get it out the fire as soon as the lid expands then run!!
I still have visions of my mates face peppered with baked bean juice.. he didn't run fast enough ;) hehehehe think ill grab a whisky and think of days gone by .......

Simon

PS: I take the lid of the bottle before putting it on the fire why read story above ;)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Any news on prices for this?

Fair question. No is the short answer.

Hopefully soon. I know Lurch had a reasonable lay off over Chrimbo to recharge his batteries and with his recent bad spell of Flooding to his warehouse , I'm sure he will be on the case soon.

Hang in there and keep checking back here.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Still clearing!
I'm probably going to order a minimum of 24 of each regardless of how many go here and make them a stock item in the shop.
Meantime if anyone can advise me about import duty rates I should be most grateful!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Still clearing!
I'm probably going to order a minimum of 24 of each regardless of how many go here and make them a stock item in the shop.
Meantime if anyone can advise me about import duty rates I should be most grateful!

Lurch, I will certainly have one of these please. I hope you managed a rest after your flooding of late.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Still clearing!

You order them if customs check the package you get to pay the tax on it and probably admin charges. Im guess VAT would get added at least
If they don't look in the package then you get it for nowt ;)

Its a risk really

Simon

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Ok here's a plan ;)

What if you take the orders in the UK, then you get the guys in the US to send them to the clients that way the package sizes are smaller... ?

Simon

doubtful. Bulk retailers tend to deal in bulk and stay within the law. The combined shipping charge will probably be less than the charge for single items.

Lets just see what Lurch can come up with, as he has stated he will be ordering them for the shop as a stock item anyway.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Being that these Guyot bottles are produced in China, a brief look at their manufacturer's of stainless steel water bottles proved quite interesting......

B1007948371.jpg
B1021787940.jpg
B1014053261.jpg
B1009378790.jpg

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I've got 12 of each in now, bad news is that seven of the Backpackers have been dented in transit and three of the standards.
Look out for a listing in my trading post, those who have expressed an interest here will have priority.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've got 12 of each in now, bad news is that seven of the Backpackers have been dented in transit and three of the standards.
Look out for a listing in my trading post, those who have expressed an interest here will have priority.

As long as the dents aren't a problem (impacting the lid or volume significantly) I couldn't care less. Did I understand you correctly; there will be a "for sale" post in the near future?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE