Got any snow yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
we've got snow! only an inch or so at the moment but the way it's coming down at the moment there'll be feet of the stuff by morning

stuart

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There was enough yesterday to have our local Xmas fair cancelled at the last minute...after we had set up our churches contribution inc Santas Grotto!
So I can put the Red Suit away again until next year! :(
Only frost and ice here now.....

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Woke up to a sugar frosting but no more than that.
I can't wait to get some proper stuff this year.
snow-wee.gif

rancid badger

we had this yesterday:
PB250005copyresized.jpg

then about 11pm last night, it started again:
PB270005.jpg

by 1am we had this:
PB270017.jpg

and this morning, some of the very powdery stuff had blown away and we were left with this:
PB270029.jpg

I'm back at work tomorrow morning for 06.30, might be walking it methinks, it's only 8 miles:bigok:

cheers

R.B.

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Today was 24 degrees C, the authorities here have called for a special series of prayer for rain next Thursday across the nation.

We would normally expect rain by the end of October, but NONE has fallen since January.

Jordan is the fourth water poorest country in the world and is now actually experiencing a drought which is really beginning to hit hard. No water now means someone will die next summer due to its lack.

we hope for snow in January, and the completion of the new water pipe line from Aqaba in good time.

I miss the snow.

Alan L.

rancid badger

Woke up to a sugar frosting but no more than that.
I can't wait to get some proper stuff this year.
snow-wee.gif

:rofl:
Where on earth do you get those smilies from?;)

Anyways up; I was out again this afternoon, for about three hours and came back with these:

This is looking to the east across the village, incredibly blue sky today;
PB270001_01copyresized.jpg

This is Heavy Gate farm, more or less on the top the hill;
PB270024_01copyresized.jpg

This is a view across the Derwent valley, to Shotley Bridge, Ebchester and far beyond; Weardale.
PB270028_01copyresized.jpg

Another view to Weardale.
PB270039copyresized.jpg

I now, almost always wear my Muckboots when walking in the wood in autumn/winter.
PB270047copyresized.jpg

I was only wearing a single pair of army issue socks inside the boots, I was out at least three hours, in snow often well over a foot deep and never once felt the cold.

On my way home, I passed Chopwell Gate Cottage, a house I'd quite like to live in ( but not the one I'd buy if I won the lottery;))
PB270064copyresized.jpg

best wishes

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE