Giants Seat Dates

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Would anyone mind if i were to move the dates to the weekend following the 17-19th? The only reason is that i've just had a job landed on me by work over that weekend, If it means that anyone else can't go i will just have to miss it.

So would it be inconvenient for anyone if the dates were changed to 24th - 26th of feb instead?

Thanks Dave

Priam

Forager
May 24, 2011
Cheshire
Would anyone mind if i were to move the dates to the weekend following the 17-19th? The only reason is that i've just had a job landed on me by work over that weekend, If it means that anyone else can't go i will just have to miss it.

So would it be inconvenient for anyone if the dates were changed to 24th - 26th of feb instead?

Thanks Dave

I can't make that weekend as it clashes with the Northwood meet. :(

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
All change again, I've just been told that i'll be working away from the 17th of feb till about the 2nd week in may!!!! so won't be able to make it to this guys Sorry

I will however organise everything anyway, and then ask Alan to collect subs etc on my behalf

SO to clarify the dates of the 17th to 19th stand

Sorry again guys

Dave

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Phew , me an 'er outdoors have booked the 17th off on the strength of it....respect to yersen for keeping them date's, shame that can't mek it tho :(
Thank you Sir.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
yeah i know i'm gutted!!

My new years resolution was to get out and about at least once a month but it looks like that just gone up in smoke!!!

Ahh well cant really complain with loads of people out of work having too much isnt really that big a problem lol

Dave

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Please sir, may I join in too?

If anyone is going through or from Manchester and would be willing to pick up myself and possibly the missus (have to see how that pans out) give me a shout.

gan_pi

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
Count me in please.

MerryGold85 I'll probably be driving from south manchester - should be ok to give you guys a lift. Perhaps closer to the date everyone should try to figure out who we can transport, leave no trace etc should probably extend to 'lets not create a massive car park' eh?

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Glad to see that this seems to be taking off, i think car sharing where possible is a great idea not only to lessen our impact but can create good friendships too!

Dave

gan_pi

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
MerryGold: I was thinking of heading over Friday evening after work. It'll mean setting up in the dark, but its worth it for one more morning sunrise (imho)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
SWMBO an I will be setting of Friday abaht snap time. Traveling from wakey via mirfield or huddersfield if that helps anyone ?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
definately won't be able to make it along to this one, apparently i have to be at home to celebrate SWMBLT's birthday that weekend (pointing out that her birthday isn't actually that weekend and that she's perfectly capable of celebrating on her own got me exactly as far as you'd expect). hope you all have a cracking time, hopefully i'll make it along to a future meet

cheers

stuart

Jan 31, 2012
South Manchester
Ok guys, I have managed to get some time off work, including Friday, so its all systems go for Giants Seat.....I must be mad its going to be bloody freezing....but this will be my first 'BushcraftUK' meet so I'm really looking forward to meeting you all......any advice guidance and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.......see you there

cheers Martin

Jan 31, 2012
South Manchester
Hi Dave, I've been digging through my old stuff to see what I've got, some of its from when I was it the RAF, some from when I did re enacting and some stuff I have used when normal camping etc

HM Forces issue tarp, budge cords, tent pegs etc
small groundsheet
self inflating kip mat
HM Forces Sleeping bag
Belgian army bivvy bag

are there plenty of trees for putting the tarp up or will I need poles ?
what about water, is there a tap on site or will I need to bring water with me ?

I haven't got an axe or a saw but presume there will be plenty of dead wood lying about ?

cooker - got an old tiny primus stove or a hexiblock cooker or a meths burner type stove ........not sure what would be best !
lighting - got a UCO 9 hour Candle Lantern, led head torch, couple of hurricane lamps ........not sure what would be best !
pots and pans - various pans, mess tins, crusader cup, spork, kettle etc.........probably just bring the mess tins and crusader cup

clothing ......lots of warm stuff !!!! is it ok to wear DPM waterproofs etc ...I'm not a 'wannabe soldier' honest but the gortex stuff I normally wear for hillwalking cost a bloody fortune and I dont want to knacker it, got some old DPM stuff that's pretty disposable

anything else obvious that I might need !

cheers Martin

QUOTE=DaveBromley;1042627]What does your kit list look like buddy?

It might help us in telling you where you would benefit from improving it the most.

Dave[/QUOTE]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE