German Goretex Flecktarn Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ive got one and i think its very good.Quality german made and very effective camo too.All they need is probably reproofing with nikwax wash-in gortex stuff...(cant think of its proper name!)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thats a good price, if you can get them for that. Mine was £15, and is probably grade 2, but i've not treated it, and its waterproof, plus your not that botherd at that price, when its strapped to your pack about damage.

Rob

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
Thanks chaps; the indicated sleeve size may be a bit short for my (gibbon) arms but I may well get one.

I like the idea of the poncho also as a basha-ette but a sleeved jacket is probably more practical for 'doing stuff' in the rain. Maybe I should get both...?!

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
I have owned one for over 5 years, bought it together with overtousers for £50. Have seen it cheaper now.

Excellent bit of kit, but your right about the arm length, they are a little short.

Have reproofed mine a couple of times...Never leaked

Love flecktarn camo, love german build quality then buy it....at those prices :)

HTH goat

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Dozza,
I have a set and after washing and reproofing they work very well. Thing is they do need to be washed and reproofed correctly. The previous owners just tend to throw them in a tank or Daz or similar which prevents them doing what they are designed for.

So technical wash and reproofer, then tumble dry until the buttons are very hot. That should sort it. Thing is if you use any gortex variant you are going to need to do this once a year.

Sandsnakes

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
Nice one; it wasn't me bidding against you! I may go for one of their Gr2 jobbies for £10.99 delivered.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Dozza they did have more than one size I needed a long arm job.
After reading your post I looked and bid for a XL one, mine for £13.49 plus £3.50 postage. I also got one of the Swiss trapper hats in a large.
Thanks for the heads up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE