Freeman on the land.....lawful rebellion? Anybody here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I said U.K LIVING(we all know Africa and Asia has poorer people) with regards to the 13,700 i also said family taking say the average 2 kids wife and husband living in a average town with bills to pay mortgage or rent,food and fuel then id say 13,600 would mean you would live a rather poor or poverty life style by U.K standards

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I said U.K LIVING(we all know Africa and Asia has poorer people) with regards to the 13,700 i also said family taking say the average 2 kids wife and husband living in a average town with bills to pay mortgage or rent,food and fuel then id say 13,600 would mean you would live a rather poor or poverty life style by U.K standards

I would still like to have that kind of income!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im not having a go or trying to be a smart ****, im merely saying i think most families would really struggle in 2013 on 13,600 pa personnely speaking we would not be able to meet our bills on that amount,and we certainly dont live a life of luxury now, im personnly all in favour of a national liviable wage rather than minimum wage,it would cut down on the top up benefit credits and free up more for those in genuine need.(ps dont know if this borders politics dont mean to be political)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Im not having a go or trying to be a smart ****, im merely saying i think most families would really struggle in 2013 on 13,600 pa personnely speaking we would not be able to meet our bills on that amount,and we certainly dont live a life of luxury now, im personnly all in favour of a national liviable wage rather than minimum wage,it would cut down on the top up benefit credits and free up more for those in genuine need.(ps dont know if this borders politics dont mean to be political)
No argument about a NLW :)
I would argue about the definition of luxury if you can afford to spend time on the web - pure indulgence :)

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
The gross world product (GWP) is the combined gross national product of all the countries in the world. Because imports and exports balance exactly when considering the whole world, this also equals the total global gross domestic product (GDP)

In nominal terms, the total 2011 GWP was around US$69.11 trillion

The USCB estimates that the world population exceeded 7 billion on March 12, 2012.[SUP][2][/SUP] According to a separate estimate by the United Nations Population Fund, it reached this milestone on October 31, 2011

So the World GDP per capita is $9,872.11 UK GDP per capita $38,591 (2012)

This definitely means.....something.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So the World GDP per capita is $9,872.11 UK GDP per capita $38,591 (2012)

This definitely means.....something.

To me it means anyone with a total income (including allowances like reduced council tax, paid rent etc) of more than £6,500 is better off than most of the World.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
To me it means anyone with a total income (including allowances like reduced council tax, paid rent etc) of more than £6,500 is better off than most of the World.

True, but costs are artificially higher, you can't just get a piece of land and knock up a shelter of whatever magnificence.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
and now for something lighthearted,

the duke of westminster can walk from dover to north scotland without leaving his land,

much of the seas are owned by the crown, windfarms proving to be a big earner as of late,

property that is unclaimed, probably including land, reverts to the bublic purse, probably sold off to whomever can afford it.

(of intrest to wood lovers)The government tried to sell off the national forests, but was stopped by public outrage. Attempted covertly(government buulchit) like secret trials .

You cannot build anywhere at anytime without planning permission.

Mean= average
median= middle figure
mode= most common figure

most rivers too are owned by the land owners to the middle of the river, and access is to be obtained. A few rivers are exempt, but still owned.
Good luck bushcraft fishing.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Must stop.......reading......this thread.......loosing......will to........live..............

You can't. An emergency law was passed in parliament that states anyone who has started reading this thread must follow it though to completion. The only way out of it is to write a letter to the Queen declaring yourself a freeman.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Must stop.......reading......this thread.......loosing......will to........live..............

As a sequel to the extremely popular 'Favorite Sandwich' thread, I've been toying with the idea of one entitled 'Favorite Biscuit'

What do you think Rik? Good idea? Mmmmmm? :D

Im sure bushwacker would like it.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
As a sequel to the extremely popular 'Favorite Sandwich' thread, I've been toying with the idea of one entitled 'Favorite Biscuit'

What do you think Rik? Good idea? Mmmmmm? :D

Im sure bushwacker would like it.

Clearly a magic biscuit!

(as long as everyone on here gets one, of course, in the name of equality....)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Didn't Drew already do a six page biscuit thread? I remember the "Jaffa Cake question" was solved by rigorous application of the "stale effect paradigm"

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
thank god thats dead ! Must have been a vampire thread. Needed to cut the head off ! Well I won't be seeing that again. Young folk, bah. I knew it was him when I saw him. I lied it was Ray Mears. Two plus two equals five O'brien. A pound of feathers are lighter than a pound of steel. The summers here !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE