Charcoal at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
2gwiad3

2gwhMV7

kiln1 by buddknives, on Flickr
kiln2 by buddknives, on Flickr

I've been making some charcoal for the forge over the last couple of weeks and wondered if anybody would be interested in buying some for their own cooking/heating? :) I've got some paper sacks that hold a good 4kg of charcoal (rather than the 12.5kg of special potatoes that the bag claims!) and can bring some with me for the cost of £10 a bag. This batch is mostly alder with some birch and a little ash, it all came out nice and tinkly (a good thing in charcoal).

Now that I have a small van, I should be able to bring a few bags with me. Space will still be limited so if you are interested, please let me know so I can reserve the van space for you.

If there is interest and I get the chance, I might be able to bag up some wood chip for smoking. I've got birch, cherry and oak that will chip up nicely. Not sure on cost or quantities, but if there is interest then I can look into it.

Reactions: ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I guess I won't bring too much black gold with me then! I'll be sure to bring some for you though Chas :)

The 5 foot kiln is easy to use solo, unlike the 7foot that was in my woods for a while. It's also much better than the oil drums that I used to use! :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I guess I won't bring too much black gold with me then! I'll be sure to bring some for you though Chas :)

The 5 foot kiln is easy to use solo, unlike the 7foot that was in my woods for a while. It's also much better than the oil drums that I used to use! :D

Go on Mr B, we can do with a bag of it at DD with all that's being planned down there :)

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
What day are you coming to the Moot Dave, if it is before the 2nd of August I will take a bag.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No doubt as things were go you ought to bring as much as you can; Someone will want it.

(I use stone pine cones on my BBQ...)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
i'll bring plenty, obvs it depends on space, but my old man will be taking a trailer so if I need extra space...

Tengu, You're welcome to cook on pine cones (stone or otherwise!), but I think I will still to charcoal: much nicer I think! :D

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
just a heads up. I may be a little later arriving that I intended (wednesday maybe). I've sent the charcoal on ahead with my old man, so if anybody wants it sooner then just go find Roy :D He'll be there this afternoon with luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE