Firesteel Blank Group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
[size=+2]This Group Buy is now closed. Thanks to all involved and sorry to anyone who just missed out. :) [/size]

I started doing a web search to see if I could find a few firesteels to put my own ends on and the search pointed me back here to a group buy that Too Much Kit To Carry ran a year or so ago.

Having checked with him that he has no plans (or time!) to run another group buy I've foolishly decided to organise one myself if there is interest.

The firesteels would come from http://www.firesteel.co.uk and you can see the blanks here

The rods are 9mm diameter and 75mm long and must be pretty reasonable quality as Too Much Kit To Carry has said he'd want some from the group buy if I ran it :)

No connection to the company etc, just pinched the link from the previous group buy.

Pricing hasn't changed since last year, so I propose to keep it the same deal as before.

50 firesteels + 5 free cost £150 from the website.

To keep postage costs down and admin sensible, I'd stick with 5 firesteels per batch.

This works out a £13.75 for 5 firesteels PLUS P&P at cost and Pay Pal fees. I suggest that the P&P be charged at the same rate as www.firesteels.co.uk are charging which is £3.00 for 5 firesteels + 5% Pay Pal fees 84p making a total of £17.58

Payment
I would prefer payment by paypal to keep things simple, but I can accept bank transfers and cheques if required. Details will be sent to members via PM

Charity element
In the spirit of Too Much Kit To Carry's original group buy, the costs above should exceed the actual amount I spend and I'd like to give the surplus to charity. Being new to bushcraft I don't know if there are particular charities which people would be happiest to support - I know charity can be a thorny issue and I don't want it to become a bone of contention. I'm from the motorcycling community and personally support www.motorcycleoutreach.org but I'm not sure it's very relevant here. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

The list - first batch of 55
1) Seoras - 5 (50 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
2) reddave - 5 (45 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Thinks he's got them!
3) eskimotwenty - 5 (40 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
4) Mirius - 5 (35 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
5) gorilla - 5 (30 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
6) greg - 5 (25 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
7) mjk123 - 5 (20 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
8) bikething - 5 (15 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
9) fishy1 - 5 (10 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
10) jacko - 5 (5 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
11) Dace - 5 (That's all folks!) Payment received - thanks! Got them!

First batch complete - so who's up for more?

The list - second batch of 55
1) myheadsashed - 5 (50 remaining) Cheque received - thanks! Got them!
2) sparkplug - 10 (40 remaining) (I've already given my original 5 away!) Paid Got them!
3) basha - 5 (35 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
4) Too Much Kit To Carry - 10 (25 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
5) ganstey - 5 (20 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
6) Paullyfuzz - 5 (15 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
7) Celt_Ginger - 5 (10 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
8) elrond - 5 (5 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
9) Gwhtbushcraft - 5 (That's all folks!) Payment received - thanks! Got them!

Thanks to all in the first two completed batches!

The list - third and final batch of 55
1) bobstevenson - 5 (50 remaining) Payment received - thanks!] Got them!
2) g4ghb - 20 (30 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
3) nickg - 5 (25 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
4) The Cumbrian - 5 (20 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
5) Chem_Doc - 5 (15 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
6) rancid badger (at last :D ) - 5 (10 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
7) FTAG - 5 (5 remaining) Payment received - thanks! Got them!
8) flaky - 5 (That's all folks!) Payment received - thanks! Got them!

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
5 for the ape in the corner please :)
and how about donating the surplus to BCUK? not a charity, but we all use it, and i'm sure any funds would come in handy

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
I'd like 5 too. Since postage is a bit extra to europe, shall we round the cost up to 20 quid? 4 pound per steel is still good value for me.

cheers

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
These seem to be going faster than I expected. If there's enough interest I'm more than happy to do a second batch so don't panic!

MJK123 - I think that sounds about right to me :

Thanks to Gorilla for suggesting BCUK as the recipient of surplus funds. Forgive me as I am a total newbie here, but how would that work?

Thanks also to Stew for feedback on the product - I've never seen it and have nothing really to compare it to so it's really useful input - thank you.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
hi Sparkplug,

can you include me for 5 firesteels too. Thanks for organising this.
I await your PM for Paypal payment details.
Thankyou.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Batch 1 is now ordered and should be with me around this time next week (25-26 Feb) Give me a day or so to get the envelopes addressed and posted and you should all have them fairly soon after that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE