Firesteel Blank Group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
:eek: My apologies to Seoras who I forgot to include. I've moved you into the first batch list where you rightly deserved to be.

A simple oversight :sad6: now hopefully put right :beerchug:

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
The first two batches are all spoken for and I've ordered and paid for them today. I'd ask for outstanding payments to be made to me in the next few days please. (still can't quite believe I've just bought £300 worth of firesteels :) )

These seem to have gone fairly quickly so (what am I letting myself in for?) I'd be happy to do a third batch if there is sufficient interest. I think logistically that would be the last I'd manage comfortably at the moment.

So far bobstevenson is top of that potential list - would there be any other takers?

I'd also really appreciate some more feedback on the charity element - what would everyone feel happy to have contributed to?

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
I've been thinking long and hard about the charity element of this group buy.

There have been suggestions about causes I had never heard of such as ghwtbuscraft's suggestion of survival international (thank you for raising my awareness of this) as well as some common themes such as cancer charities.

As I mentioned in my original post, I am all too aware that charity is a difficult subject to get a large number of people to agree on.

There have been a few suggestions that the money could be used to support the running costs of the BCUK website and much as it's not a charity it might be the one common link that we all share.

That said, there are people who have deliberately paid extra to support a good cause and I don't know how they would feel about it being used in that way.

The very last thing I want to do is to create tension or conflict over this but I must say that I'm leaning towards BCUK as a recipient.

How would people feel about that?

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want your opinions aired publically, I'm looking for the maximum consensus on this and will go with what you all think, so please do let me know.

Thanks

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
BCUK is fine with me! - it's how we all 'met' after all and my 2nd home :eek: (well perhaps my 3rd after the doghouse of course if you ask swmbo:D )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE