Feel like I've achieved something!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
For the first time ever I've eaten mushrooms I harvested and identified my self. We found a small patch of oysters and I recognised them straight away and positively ID'd them- although I did double check. Made myself mushrooms on toast and it was lovely!

Nothing complex but after years of knowing which was which in basic terms I felt great to finally eat them. :)

Here it is:

imagejpg1_zpse260e984.jpg

Fried in butter and nom nom nom it was tasty!

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
Well done :D and I'm glad it was a good tasty meal.

Good food are oyster mushrooms :D and they'll come again there until they've used up all the goodness of the tree too.
We gathered for four years from one tree not far from here :) You can often harvest two or three times in the one season as well.
Depends on what it's growing.

atb,
M

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great stuff. I could just eat that myself :)

Cheers Jonathan :).

:D
Well done :D and I'm glad it was a good tasty meal.

Good food are oyster mushrooms :D and they'll come again there until they've used up all the goodness of the tree too.
We gathered for four years from one tree not far from here :) You can often harvest two or three times in the one season as well.
Depends on what it's growing.

atb,
M

Thanks! And that's great news- it'll be nice to get more of them as they were a lovely meal. - tree looked to have a few years left- it wasn't completely gone. Cheers for the info! :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice one Cameron, and just in time for the big Autumn harvest of Ceps et. al.! Wait 'till you try mushrooms and bacon wrapped in good bannock baked on a stone :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Excellent stuff Cam, and it does look very tasty. Think it may be a good year for 'shrooms this year as there's a fair few out already. A mate and I gather and dry a fair few and he's pretty famous for his mushroom tart, will dig out the recipe and put it up for you. It nice hot, but even better the next day, cold in yer lunchbox out on the hill.
Good luck with future forages,
C.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Excellent stuff Cam, and it does look very tasty. Think it may be a good year for 'shrooms this year as there's a fair few out already. A mate and I gather and dry a fair few and he's pretty famous for his mushroom tart, will dig out the recipe and put it up for you. It nice hot, but even better the next day, cold in yer lunchbox out on the hill.
Good luck with future forages,
C.

Cheers Colin! And yeah that sounds great :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE