M77 Norwegian army boots sizing

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

Bert

Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
Hello all,
Are there many people here who have experience with the M77 Norwegian army boot?
I've bought a pair in helsinki, and that armystore had a real good description for these boots, even for the sizing they advised.
I took a pair of insoles from my old boots, and measured the longest distance, and compared to their sizetable.
Which is also my regular footsize, a 44.
And that pair I ordered.

I took them out of the box, and was positively suprised, nice made boots, all++
even when I put my feet in (with a thin and thick sock, as descibed) they felt well.
Now, three days later, I start having a doubt if they are not TOO big?
When I put my toes completely in the front, i can put my index and middlefinger behind my heel before touching the leather, is that the deal for wintersizing with these boots?
The black insole is the boots insole.
I'll try to put some foto's here.
Otherwise a perfect boot!

Bert

Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
They come with the standard black insole as seen on the foto.
And with these two pairs of socks, (didn't try yet) how much room do you need lengthwise? do your feet swell up in winter as they do in summer?

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I think even taking winter sizing into account; wearing extra thick/double socks they are still about 1/2” too big. Should’ve got EU42 (263mm) maybe?

Bert

Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
so, you think 2 sizes down? On the foto it's a bare foot.
if that is so, I might have a almost new pair for sale, it's size 44 (277mm)
wore them only 3 days around the house.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I reckon so but don’t take my word for it, Everyone’s feet are different. The next size down only reduces by 7mm. I’m a size 10 in trainers and like you 9.5 in most boots, I’d go for the eu42 for my feet.

c.c

Jul 29, 2020
Kent
I've not seen these boots for yrs, so much better than those issued to us for Norway, think I've still got mine somewhere! As Tor helge said thick liner and X2 pair of socks

c.c

Jul 29, 2020
Kent
? As far as I know these are the same as they issue to the Norwegic army, even has the typical Norway shield moulded into the soles.
Reason i said that I've not seen them for yrs was because the Battery i was in used to spend between 6 to 9 weeks a yr in Norway, Jan through March doing arctic warfare "plus lots of drinking" & most of us bought these boots because the army issue ones were let's say not very good!

Reactions: Bert