Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I am inclined towards this situation turning out to be a werewolf type character as has been witnessed elsewhere. BUT the stealth of the bloke seems to add creedance to the Tom Brown pupil theory.

JDs account of the walking on all fours intrigued me. I see two possibilities - as the only tracks JD observed walking on all fours where when he crossed the stream. This would suggest the TB pupil keeping low to the earth so as not to silhouette against the sky in an area of less dense vegetation. But the walking on the balls of his feet all the rest of the time and the scratching on the tent suggests the werewolf character. Either way I feel this situation deserves a friend with NV to act as stag as I do fear that as he grows more confident that his activities will escalate.

Can you imagine the Tendonitis he'll suffer from, exarcerbated by damp and cold conditions?

Walking upright like that is bad enough for Stiletto wearers (no not THAT Stiletto, I mean't the shoes...)

Walking on all fours? The sunburn on his but-tocks given the hot weather lately must be a right pain the arrse.

Surely a TB afficianado has more to do with his time...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It'd be just my luck that he is on this forum laughing at my plans, knows when I visit and when I plan to visit, and everything else we've been discussing. He could be any of you :yikes:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Like I said buddy, I favour the werewolf wannabe situation! ;) Methinks Jonathan needs a bit of help and should not solo camp there.

If it's Werewolves he's goosed and will be howling at the moon before ye can say "I need to shave my monobrow".

Will he be able to type with them long nails?

There is no danger JD will take Silver with him.

Any family Silver within his reach was melted down and pawned long ago...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If it's Werewolves he's goosed and will be howling at the moon before ye can say "I need to shave my monobrow".

Will he be able to type with them long nails?

There is no danger JD will take Silver with him.

Any family Silver within his reach was melted down and pawned long ago...

Stu has quoted me on a new Deval bushy in sterling silver. RWL will have to suffice.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Stu has quoted me on a new Deval bushy in sterling silver. RWL will have to suffice.

With your luck...

You'll somehow manage to take a sterling silver Lancashire peeler with you (for potatoes and other veg folks), scare the hairy man wolf away, yet while slicing potatoes dolphin nose (dauphinoise) cut yerself, and ultimately get pumped and torn to shreds by a French Vampire squirrel...

But hey, stranger things happen at sea...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Whats with all this werewolf talk today, even Andy has been Pm'ing me about werewolves seen in other parts of the West Mids. I was quite happy going back there with thoughts of a human opponent, I draw the line at werewolves. And vampire squirrels too for that matter, although I'd take a couple of them over a werewolf any day.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Whats with all this werewolf talk today, even Andy has been Pm'ing me about werewolves seen in other parts of the West Mids. I was quite happy going back there with thoughts of a human opponent, I draw the line at werewolves. And vampire squirrels too for that matter, although I'd take a couple of them over a werewolf any day.

JD, don't back out now.

We're all rooting for you and watching your 6 from a safe ethernet wi fi distance...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
JD, don't back out now.

We're all rooting for you and watching your 6 from a safe ethernet wi fi distance...

Great....

The missus has already treatened me with a fate worse than a fate worse than death if I come back dead. God knows what she'll do if I come back undead.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Just don't go running to her if ye break yer leg...

facepalm-dog.jpg

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Looking at the date of the footprint photo, I reckon it's a long haired, post-acid casualty from the summer solstice.
Was there a faint whiff of patchouli oil in the air?

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Loving this thread......Ghost Stories, Beautiful Mind crackpot nuttiness....everything!!!!

I got spooked by a wild goat when camping at altitude in Snowdonia a few years back. Nearly killed the little fella!!!!

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
Err.. Rommy I'm assuming that this werewolf talk is not meant literally.

You're referring to a nutjob (to use the technical term!) who either thinks he is or wants to be, a werewolf, right?

I've wondered if something similar was behind my "Dog Bloke".

I don't wish to be alarmist or over-melodramatic, but JonathonD it might be a good idea not to investigate your site alone. The fact that your weirdo clearly wished to frighten you makes him someone to be very wary of. If you do check it out alone, prepare for the possibility of a confrontation so that if it happens you don't panic.

I've been reading up on Tom Brown on the net - there is something a bit intense/cult-like about his followers.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The fact that your weirdo clearly wished to frighten you makes him someone to be very wary of. If you do check it out alone, prepare for the possibility of a confrontation so that if it happens you don't panic.

I've been reading up on Tom Brown on the net - there is something a bit intense/cult-like about his followers.

Yeah the Tom Brown ethos is just slightly extreme. I was thinking of taking one of these two with me, although both will be equally as useless and make more sign and noise than an entire army, and together, well, I might as well just get a megaphone and shout 'COMING TO GET YA'.

DSCF0024.jpg

As for that werewolf.... nailed that sucker, although the local fisherman didn't seem too happy.

real_werewolf_picture.jpg

werewolf_2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE