Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
i can get on with people from all walks of life,i dont understand half the words you men are useing here, but i do a lot of ouija boards and things and have had very very strange things happen,but if you dont belive you have a spirit thats fine with me but i dont no why the non belivers have a problem with the belivers:confused:,,that nearly confused me:)

I certainly have no problem with believers, you may be right. A few of my mates have used a Ouija and it affected them something serious.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
They are great, but it may scare the heck out've a :newbie:
GB

Yes, they do.

I am scared of two things - the dark and heights. And when i say scared, you really should see me up a ladder. The last time my wife saw me up a ladder trying to clean the windows of our bedroom upstairs she nearly wet herself laughing. It's my imagination you see. I think...no...i know that i am going to die. The ladder is going slip, i am going to fall, i will land on my head, i will break my neck and i will die. The only way to prevent this inevitable tragedy is to hold on to the ladder with both hands and...this is most important...don't move.

However, this problem never stopped me climbing and i have solo'd most grade 1 scrambles in Snowdonia and a few in the Lake District. You just have to get a grip on your imagination. It is a fact that you are in more danger walking around a city by day or night than ever you are wandering around the countryside. That is the fact. The rest is just in our imagination. And believe me, i know how powerful and frightening this can be.

Yes, they do.

I am scared of two things - the dark and heights. And when i say scared, you really should see me up a ladder. The last time my wife saw me up a ladder trying to clean the windows of our bedroom upstairs she nearly wet herself laughing. It's my imagination you see. I think...no...i know that i am going to die. The ladder is going slip, i am going to fall, i will land on my head, i will break my neck and i will die. The only way to prevent this inevitable tragedy is to hold on to the ladder with both hands and...this is most important...don't move.

However, this problem never stopped me climbing and i have solo'd most grade 1 scrambles in Snowdonia and a few in the Lake District. You just have to get a grip on your imagination. It is a fact that you are in more danger walking around a city by day or night than ever you are wandering around the countryside. That is the fact. The rest is just in our imagination. And believe me, i know how powerful and frightening this can be.

you say you have 2 fears that are in your imagination, but neither are just imagination; I did fall from a ladder, it put me in a wheel chair for 2 years and everyday i live in pain, as for the dark read my post in this thread; #108 because that was real as well. life goes on though and it hasn`t stopped me so far, lol. well done for facing your fear of heights and the dark though.

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
you say you have 2 fears that are in your imagination, but neither are just imagination; I did fall from a ladder, it put me in a wheel chair for 2 years and everyday i live in pain, as for the dark read my post in this thread; #108 because that was real as well. life goes on though and it hasn`t stopped me so far, lol. well done for facing your fear of heights and the dark though.

Mate, both things that happened to you were real and i wouldn't scoff at either. But the only things that ever happened to me were in my imagination and that was terrifying to me. That is the difference. I have no real reason to be scared of anything that has actually happened to me and as long as i can keep a handle on my imagination and stop myself getting spooked i can keep things real. Some things can't be explained. But just because they can't be explained doesn't make them nasty per se. You've got more nasties wandering around your average shopping mall on a saturday afternoon than will creep up on you at night in the woods. That is a fact but you don't get people scared of going shopping. However, i will probably sleep under a basha for while now cos you've got better all-round vision than inside a tent. :)

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
. . The intellectual somersaults one needs to perform to believe in gods these days are quite spectacular.

Depends what you believe the GODS are mate, Its actually very simple and straightforward. So simple it seems that no one actually grasped it always looking for something complicated.

Tell me, who were the last folk to rename the GODS?

Nov 7, 2008
U.K
Swans and ducks will often come to someone standing on the bank of a city river. They have learned it pays well. That seems to me a much more reasonable explanation than proposing an entire supernatural realm for which there is no evidence whatsoever despite thousands of years of searching, as comforting as the idea might be sometimes.

I know where your coming from mate but one swan when the first ashes where released then another the second time when the other's where released ? maybe so that is the right explanation as you stated above but why did 2 swan's come over when both the ashes where in the Clyde.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Depends what you believe the GODS are mate, Its actually very simple and straightforward. So simple it seems that no one actually grasped it always looking for something complicated.

Tell me, who were the last folk to rename the GODS?

Well, god is just a word and you can use the word to mean anything you like such as nature or energy. This is not however what most people mean by the use of the word. We mean a deity who cares what happens to us and takes an active role in the world. Otherwise you're talking about deism etc. If you define god as energy you can find the divine in a lump of coal (can't remember who said that). I'm guessing at your meaning of course as you haven't actually said anything yet.

I don't know what you want to know when you ask who last renamed the gods. You're entire post in fact was a little too cryptic for me to make much of. There may be any number of groups unknown to me who have given names to gods. Which one did so last holds no fascination for me.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
EEEP! Semantics.

*heads for leaf pile & rolls up*

Not semantics at all. They are completely different concepts. Right and wrong are moral questions. Without defining terms anyone following the thread may become confused even if we know what we mean. You were talking about scientific acceptance I thought of course if you meant the moral concepts of right and wrong then I'm happy to discuss that too as this brings up the belief in free will and I do enjoy debunking that one. I was merely trying to clarify your meaning.

Last edited:

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
I know where your coming from mate but one swan when the first ashes where released then another the second time when the other's where released ? maybe so that is the right explanation as you stated above but why did 2 swan's come over when both the ashes where in the Clyde.

Look I don't want to seem harsh mate. It's a nice story and I feel sorry for your loss of course. That aside, my point is that you interpreted the coincidence as you wanted to. There may have been many other things that day which you could have recruited too but ignored as not fitting the mood. As pattern seeking animals we do this all the time. We have evolved to seek patterns and meaning in our surroundings. Take a step back and see if you can give me a coherent account of what it is you are saying. The swans were actually reincarnations/angels and had influence over the sun and clouds? How does any of it work? In order for your interpretation of the course of events to be true, all of science as it relates to the universe and all of the testing and probing for hundreds if not thousands of years to find evidence for the supernatural where there is none would have to be wrong. I simply must take the coincidence/hungry swan/biased interpretation of events explanation over the unfounded, unexplained supernatural realm explanation. But you are free to think whatever you need/want to mate.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Well, god is just a word and you can use the word to mean anything you like such as nature or energy. This is not however what most people mean by the use of the word. We mean a deity who cares what happens to us and takes an active role in the world. Otherwise you're talking about deism etc. If you define god as energy you can find the divine in a lump of coal (can't remember who said that). I'm guessing at your meaning of course as you haven't actually said anything yet.

I don't know what you want to know when you ask who last renamed the gods. You're entire post in fact was a little too cryptic for me to make much of. There may be any number of groups unknown to me who have given names to gods. Which one did so last holds no fascination for me.

GOD is actually an abbreviation, not a word on its own and only exists in the English language The word GOD did not exist until quite recently in the scheme of things.

The Last folk to rename the GODS were the Romans as during their civilisation they changed religons to christianity and one true GOD. We still use the names the romans gave them, they are the planets and always were. There were always 13, or 12 + 1 as it was more commonly known. Then more astro knowledge was regained and they then recognised the one true GOD which is the singularity at the centre of our galaxy, only its not a singularity at all if anything its a duality.

GODS is an abbreviation of Gravitational Orbit Derivative System
GOD is Gravitational Orbital Derivative. as the duality is not a system but is the one force that causes the GODS to have their forces. Hence the distinction.

Now, the centre of our galaxy is nothing more than 2 equal and opposing forces. The present belief is that a black hole basically sucks everything towards it but this is a fallacy as it does not. Certain areas of our galaxy are effected by the pull other areas are effected by the push from the equal and opposing force. These forces span out from the centre in a pentacle formation leaving 5 points where energy is drawn to the centre and 5 points where energy comes from the centre. As we move around the galaxy in its 26000 year cycle we are effected by these forces, when energy flows into the centre we are in a position like the earth has been in for the last 5000and a bit years, but when we enter the forces coming from the centre, change happens to whatevers passing through it and these are the evoloutionary change points, 5 per cycle.

The Mayans said about our galaxy
It is a 26000 year cycle
It has 2 halves of 13000 years each which they dubbed galactic night and day
there are 5 ages of 5200 years each
and that the galaxy breathes and these exhalations are what cause the change
Also that there will be a time of 2 suns.

Now all that on its own sounds half real half not. Yet its all real, even the breathing bit though it doesnt actually breathe its just the different areas of inward and outward projecting forces or they could be called passive and active forces/periods.

Two symbols when combined represent this perfectly.

The first is this which represents the 26000 year cycle the 2 13000 year cycles ( galactic night and day andf the time of 2 suns.
ying-yang.jpg

Then if you superimpose this over the top Which represents the 5 ages, the 5 change points and the breathing of the galaxy
Crop-pentacle.jpg

Note also that the above pic also works on the ying yang principle, No matter how much is flowing in one direction there is always flow in the other.

From the way i now see it, what is known as GOD does not care for us, though it could be seen as it is learning/watching at the passive periods and changing what it doesnt like at the active points, but i do not believe this to be the case. I just think that what happens is nothing more than the effect of the active energy that will always happen for without it there would be no passive energy. 2 equal and opposing forces locked in a bitter struggle for dominance. The whole galaxy mirrors this struggle.

5200 years ago we had a big climate change according to science half of the world was swallowed by floods, this is the reference from the bible with the story of noah, it was the end of the last age according to the mayans.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041219142907.htm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6814896.ece

13000 years ago we experienced an E.L.E again backed by science,
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2010/04/did-a-comet-swarm-strike-ameri.html
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...-8&rlz=1T4SUNC_enGB364GB364&q=13000+years+ago

The mayans say this was the last time we crossed the galactic equator, when we entered the galactic night, basing the dates on what science says happened, it would appear we are about to leave galactic night and enter galactic day at the same time as we pass the end of an age and go through the active energy. One caused climate change the other an ELE, now we get both at the same time which happens once every 26000 years. The earth passes into the light and a time of peace lasting 13000 years after this, what is known as the time of 2 suns,the mayans say there is one white and one black. So if we are usiing the ying yang as our galaxy then this makes a bit of sense. The ying yang though was never associated with the Mayans, neither was the pentacle. If you add the mayan long count calendar around the edge of the ying yang with the pentacle in its possible to locate our planets position within it.

By combining the 2 symbols all the explanations offered by the mayans are covered and even make sense. In short it is a glactic calendar. it also combines science, evoloution and religon into one whole package

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
hummm, does that explain the topic title then, "Fear of the dark" if it does it totally lost me sorry.

Had it not deviated to invisible pink unicorns first? religon before that? Fear of the dark is nothing but unfamiliarity with the dark, the fear goes when you get used to it and know whats making the noises. It has a habit of bringing out the bogey man from the tales we were told as kids, the mind changes the movement of a rabbit on dead leaves to something sinister creeping towards you intent on mischief. Our eyesight is repressed by the dark and as most rely on eyesight as they're main sense of perception then the perception changes as folk are not used to relying on one less sense than normal.

Bet you have never met a blind person who is scared of the dark? Their world is the same as yours in the dark be it the woods or home

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Bet you have never met a blind person who is scared of the dark? Their world is the same as yours in the dark be it the woods or home

Yep. Like I said previously, everyone should go to the woods in the daytime and blindfold themselves for 15 minutes.

Had it not deviated to invisible pink unicorns first? religon before that? Fear of the dark is nothing but unfamiliarity with the dark, the fear goes when you get used to it and know whats making the noises. It has a habit of bringing out the bogey man from the tales we were told as kids, the mind changes the movement of a rabbit on dead leaves to something sinister creeping towards you intent on mischief. Our eyesight is repressed by the dark and as most rely on eyesight as they're main sense of perception then the perception changes as folk are not used to relying on one less sense than normal.

i wasn`t saying your other post was wrong, i found it fascinating tbh, just it lost me in connection with the fear of the dark theme.

sorry if i offended you

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
GOD is actually an abbreviation, not a word on its own and only exists in the English language The word GOD did not exist until quite recently in the scheme of things.

The Last folk to rename the GODS were the Romans as during their civilisation they changed religons to christianity and one true GOD. We still use the names the romans gave them, they are the planets and always were. There were always 13, or 12 + 1 as it was more commonly known. Then more astro knowledge was regained and they then recognised the one true GOD which is the singularity at the centre of our galaxy, only its not a singularity at all if anything its a duality.

GODS is an abbreviation of Gravitational Orbit Derivative System
GOD is Gravitational Orbital Derivative. as the duality is not a system but is the one force that causes the GODS to have their forces. Hence the distinction.

Now, the centre of our galaxy is nothing more than 2 equal and opposing forces. The present belief is that a black hole basically sucks everything towards it but this is a fallacy as it does not. At certain areas of our galaxy are effected by the pu,ll other areas are effected by the push from the equal and opposing force. These forces span out from the centre in a pentacle formation leaving 5 points where energy is drawn to the centre and 5 points where energy comes from the centre. As we move around the galaxy in its 26000 year cycle we are effected by these forces, when energy flows into the centre we are in a position like the earth has been in for the last 5000and a bit years, but when we enter the forces coming from the centre, change happens to whatevers passing through it and these are the evoloutionary change points, 5 per cycle.

The Mayans said about our galaxy
It is a 26000 year cycle
It has 2 halves of 13000 years each which they dubbed galactic night and day
there are 5 ages of 5200 years each
and that the galaxy breathes and these exhalations are what cause the change
Also that there will be a time of 2 suns.

Now all that on its own sounds half real half not. Yet its all real, even the breathing bit though it doesnt actually breathe its just the different areas of inward and outward projecting forces or they could be called passive and active forces/periods.

Two symbols when combined represent this perfectly.

The first is this which represents the 26000 year cycle the 2 13000 year cycles ( galactic night and day andf the time of 2 suns.
ying-yang.jpg

Then if you superimpose this over the top Which represents the 5 ages, the 5 change points and the breathing of the galaxy
Crop-pentacle.jpg

Note also that the above pic also works on the ying yang principle, No matter how much is flowing in one direction there is always flow in the other.

From the way i now see it, what is known as GOD does not care for us, though it could be seen as it is learning/watching at the passive periods and changing what it doesnt like at the active points, but i do not believe this to be the case. I just think that what happens is nothing more than the effect of the active energy that will always happen for without it there would be no passive energy. 2 equal and opposing forces locked in a bitter struggle for dominance. The whole galaxy mirrors this struggle.

5200 years ago we had a big climate change according to science half of the world was swallowed by floods, this is the reference from the bible with the story of noah, it was the end of the last age according to the mayans.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/12/041219142907.htm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6814896.ece

13000 years ago we experienced an E.L.E again backed by science,
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2010/04/did-a-comet-swarm-strike-ameri.html
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...-8&rlz=1T4SUNC_enGB364GB364&q=13000+years+ago

The mayans say this was the last time we crossed the galactic equator, when we entered the galactic night, basing the dates on what science says happened, it would appear we are about to leave galactic night and enter galactic day at the same time as we pass the end of an age and go through the active energy. One caused climate change the other an ELE, now we get both at the same time which happens once every 26000 years. The earth passes into the light and a time of peace lasting 13000 years after this, what is known as the time of 2 suns,the mayans say there is one white and one black. So if we are usiing the ying yang as our galaxy then this makes a bit of sense. The ying yang though was never associated with the Mayans, neither was the pentacle. If you add the mayan long count calendar around the edge of the ying yang with the pentacle in its possible to locate our planets position within it.

By combining the 2 symbols all the explanations offered by the mayans are covered and even make sense. In short it is a glactic calendar. it also combines science, evoloution and religon into one whole package

That's quite some theory you got there mate. Where to begin? In all my time reading about physics I've never come across this. It seems to take a few ideas from each conspiracy theorists favourite civilization and weave a story through them.

The word God is Germanic. It comes from Gudan which meant 'to call'.

Gravitational Orbit Derivative system? Do you mean the origin of gravity lies at the centre of our galaxy?

The centre of our galaxy is a duality? Two equal and opposing forces?
What is "a duality" and what is "a duality at the centre of the galaxy"?

There is a supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy (discovered in 1918) and most galaxies it is thought. I take it that this is the singularity to which you referred. A duality means nothing to me I'm afraid beyond the philosophical idea (which I do not subscribe to) or the particle-wave theory in quantum mechanics which is just an expression of our lack of understanding of quantum physics. The same is true of 'singularity' it is simply a word used to describe the point at which we fail to understand the relationship between gravity and quantum theory in black holes. The current supposition being that when a unifying theory is found, we will have an understanding of black holes without singularities.

After this, you appear to me to have gone a bit mad and not knowing much about the Mayans (except that they were not so clairvoyant as all that because they are all dead) or Ying-Yang (except that it is built on the idea of natural duality such as light-dark, male-female, hot-cold etc which I suspect is why you need to posit a duality at the centre of the galaxy to fit the story) I shall refrain from commenting. Oh, I remembered something else about yin-yang. Chinese medicine is founded on yin and yang. It is largely nonsense just like homeopathy and chiropractic.

Perhaps the whole package is so profound that it has simply gone over my head. All very interesting though. These are just my initial reactions without any research of course. I'll go away and think about it properly.:cool:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

Aaah, but blind folks don't live in 'the dark' as we know it. There is no dark as they don't have the sense of sight to detect dark. It's like someone who hates marmite, comparing the taste to someone that can't taste the stuff.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm into history mate more than anything, dont go linking conspiracy theories with history, it just aint right, but there is good reason why the so called conspiracy theorists have intersts in the Mayans.

I can tell you have missed what i said for the most part. I'll try explain it better.:)

The word god is not germanic, like you said in Gemanic the word is Gudan, not god. Gudan means to call, but God is not gudan. God only exists in English.

Yes i was referring to the black hole, and yes i was saying it is 2 equal and opposing forces. Basically 2 black holes back to back pushing into one another, You cant see the other side as it is through this side, You could call it unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. The energy collides and splits through each other giving equal energy distribution both sides which is a mix of both but divided into shall we say bands of energy which is what the crop circle is showing. Everything with our galaxy is an echo of that struggle, light and dark, hot and cold, life and death, good and evil. Opposites, nothing of which exists without one.

Gravity i do not think comes from the black hole, only energy, but that energy powers the electro magnetic fields which cause gravity on everything with gravity

Yes i can see your mayan knowledge is limited, no offence intended there :). The Mayans were astronomers, the common mistake folk make is they think that because they can predict future events by reading the cycles in the galaxy and as such know when we cross these active points and the effect it has on earth, that they can predict when the spaniards will sail across the pond and lay waste to their civilisation. Its not a galactic event therefore they would have had no clue at all. They are not all dead anyway. Its now called Mexico and central america and the folk there are descendants of the mayans. The mayan civilisation was mainly wiped out 5200 years ago as were the sumerians both rebiult, they are the 2 surviving civs from that crossing, they left warnings for the next time and a calendar so we know when that next time will be.

How do you know what the ying yang originally was? It could be a surviving symbol from before the last event 5200 years ago. It could be that the Chinese had their own beliefs about what it is. I do not know where it originated but it is the symbol for cycles and every natural thing in existence runs on a cycle which is within other cycles, which are in other cycles etc etc etc.

That's quite some theory you got there mate. Where to begin? In all my time reading about physics I've never come across this. It seems to take a few ideas from each conspiracy theorists favourite civilization and weave a story through them.

The word God is Germanic. It comes from Gudan which meant 'to call'.

Gravitational Orbit Derivative system? Do you mean the origin of gravity lies at the centre of our galaxy?

The centre of our galaxy is a duality? Two equal and opposing forces?
What is "a duality" and what is "a duality at the centre of the galaxy"?

There is a supermassive black hole at the centre of the galaxy (discovered in 1918) and most galaxies it is thought. I take it that this is the singularity to which you referred. A duality means nothing to me I'm afraid beyond the philosophical idea (which I do not subscribe to) or the particle-wave theory in quantum mechanics which is just an expression of our lack of understanding of quantum physics. The same is true of 'singularity' it is simply a word used to describe the point at which we fail to understand the relationship between gravity and quantum theory in black holes. The current supposition being that when a unifying theory is found, we will have an understanding of black holes without singularities.

After this, you appear to me to have gone a bit mad and not knowing much about the Mayans (except that they were not so clairvoyant as all that because they are all dead) or Ying-Yang (except that it is built on the idea of natural duality such as light-dark, male-female, hot-cold etc which I suspect is why you need to posit a duality at the centre of the galaxy to fit the story) I shall refrain from commenting. Oh, I remembered something else about yin-yang. Chinese medicine is founded on yin and yang. It is largely nonsense just like homeopathy and chiropractic.

Perhaps the whole package is so profound that it has simply gone over my head. All very interesting though. These are just my initial reactions without any research of course. I'll go away and think about it properly.:cool:

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Another way to try see it is the Hadron collider. Colliding 2 particles going in opposite directions to create a black hole for the god particle. The black hole is formed by the collision of 2 equal and opposing forces. Which then lock together with the formation of the black hole. Its not the black hole they have to worry about, its the forces that shoot out from it, we would hit 5 change points and both equatorial crossings at the same time. Create a black hole and you create a galaxy.Or at least the galactic boundaries and laws in which a galaxy can form.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE