Favourite bushcraft quotes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobson

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2012
Devon
I recently heard the following quote, and it really resonated, i was wondering if anyone had any favourite bushcraft quotes or mantras?

"only when the last tree is cut, only when the last animal is dead and only when the last plant has withered, will mankind realise, you cannot eat money"

-Ojibwe saying

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
"bushcraft is about looking beyond the obvious, and seeing the possibilities"

swhat papa mearsy said on his tv program.

cheers, and.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
" You are not going camping again , are you ? ok see you on Sunday afternoon , and get undressed in the garage , and leave your smelly stuff there and have a shower straight away , i don't want the house stinking of smoke "

I am no longer with said woman !!!

Or " Why do you need another one of those ? "

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I heard this years ago (may have been Ray Mears but I could be wrong) not sure if this is legit or genuinely attributed but it remains valid. I've probably paraphrased but hope it makes sense either way.

It was claimed to be a native American saying, referring to settlers habits of building unnecessarily large campfires.

"An Indian Brave builds small fire and stays warm by it's heat. A settler builds a large fire and stays warm...fetching wood to feed the fire."

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I heard this years ago (may have been Ray Mears but I could be wrong) not sure if this is legit or genuinely attributed but it remains valid. I've probably paraphrased but hope it makes sense either way.

It was claimed to be a native American saying, referring to settlers habits of building unnecessarily large campfires.

"An Indian Brave builds small fire and stays warm by it's heat. A settler builds a large fire and stays warm...fetching wood to feed the fire."

I originally heard a version of that one too: "An Indian builds a small fire and sits close, a white man builds a big fire and sits away from it."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE