Favourite bushcraft quotes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way.

Baden Powell (just one of his wise quotes)

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
"we belong to nature, not it to us" - Grey Owl

"When we employ bushcraft skills it may seem like we are consuming natural resources, but the more we learn about the trees, the plants, the animals around us, the more we respect them, the more we cherish them, the more we nurture and take care of them. That is the underlying principle of bushcraft." My favourite quote, from Mr. Mears

Great thread
paddy

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
One of my favourites:

Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred miles on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.

Former Canadian prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Sent from my iToaster using Tapatalk

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
From a foraging friend.

You guys are very trusting... even I've never eaten one of those before.

Quoted after eating a new mushroom.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Anyone got a FAK handy?"
Several folk I know who were starting out in knife and axe skills on their own.....

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
another one of my faves is

"do you mind if i burn this plastic while your bacon is cookinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhh stop hitting me!!!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE