End of the world is nigh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Does anybody know what time they`re smashing the atoms together tomorrow ??

I want to make sure I`ve got me feet up and a brew in hand.

Rich

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Damn it! I'm too old to get my head between my knees and kiss it goodbye again. Why didn't they build it on the moon or in space where it wont bother anyone but them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think eastern time is GMT - 5 hours, could be wrong though

If I`m right then that`s 8:30 our time, not sure if I should just have a lie in and hope it doesn`t wake me.

Rich

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
I heard "around 10.30 (am)" on the radio today - is it worth making a packed lunch for tomorrow?!

Bob:)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its ok folks they are just switching it on. I heard they wont be planning to do the actually ending of the world part until next year.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We just need a baddy to come and take it over and try to rule the world with his evil henchmen. Is it a bird ... is it a plain .....

I had a look on Cerns website earlier and they`ve got 76 vacancies in the Accelerator Lab Department, I wonder if that will increase shortly ??

Rich

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Damn it! I'm too old to get my head between my knees and kiss it goodbye again. Why didn't they build it on the moon or in space where it wont bother anyone but them.

The Moon? How would they do that? It's quite possible nobody has been there! Don't you mean a sound stage in Arizona!

:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The Moon? How would they do that? It's quite possible nobody has been there! Don't you mean a sound stage in Arizona!

:D

Even if they did it on the moon, if they mess it up and create a blackhole it wouldn't take long to swallow this planet would it!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thats a good point, if it was going to destroy the universe it would destroy all time and we would already have been destroyed..so were going to be fine........................................................right?

:240:

Black holes don't destroy the universe. But they can destroy me and thats infinitely worse ;)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
OK, so it all starts to go wrong. Time's coming apart at the seams. I can just see it. I see all the lab techs start to panic. One woman tears off her blouse and bra, throws herself at a make colleague and screams "Make me feel like a woman one last time!"
The colleague tears off his shirt. "Here, iron this!"

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE