End of the world is nigh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Aww, I had plans later this week for a few days of camping. Do you think if i rang and explained, they might postpone until Sunday?

Heard on the radio that the scientists have been getting death threats along the lines of "blow us all up and we'll kill you".:AR15firin :nono: Something fundamentally flawed about their logic!!

Seeing as the end approaches, can I have a pro-rata refund on my BCUK membership fee please !! and no "a cheque in the post" won't do, i need it soon to wrap my tent with tin foil (a well known black hole deflector).

Raptordog

Aug 22, 2006
swamps of Barnsley
Don’t worry guys :) .......... all Bushcraft UK members will be safe anyway, as they live in their own little world.
When the big bang comes it won’t even fan the flames on your camp fire.:D

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I think the motto of mankind should be something along the lines of

"but I only wanted to see what happened when I pushed the button"

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Aahhhh ..... 15 minutes to go and I`m still at work. I was planning to be in my favourite wood with a cup of pine needle tea in my lap about now.

Best nip out for that last ciggy then eh ??

Been nice knowing you all

Rich

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
I FOUND IT !!!!!!!

There was a black hole but its effect has been focussed on only a small area, it appears the hole has sucked up the contents of my bank account. I've tried explaining this to the bank but they're not having it. Anyone care to back me up?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Hehehe. I have just used it as an excuse to my boss for not getting bothered about doing a piece of work for him ('cos no one will be around to appreciate it).

He was not that amused :D :AR15firin

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Further proof (as if it were needed) that the press will never let the facts get in the way of a good story...

kai055

Forager
Dec 29, 2006
Hornchurch
Damn it! I'm too old to get my head between my knees and kiss it goodbye again. Why didn't they build it on the moon or in space where it wont bother anyone but them.

if they built it on the moon it would not matter anyway cos it might destory the universe :dunno:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Apparently the collision which created our universe was only the size of a small coin. Now that`s not very big so what exactly are they hoping to create in this tunnel.

It`s all a bit dodgy if you ask me, 17 miles underground doesn`t exactly fill me with confidence.

Rich

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I love all this big science - actually rather geekily excited by all this. Mrs Verloc is convinced its the end but I thinks its only the beginning but just in case I will ask Has anyone one here seen the movie Event Horizon?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Apparently the collision which created our universe was only the size of a small coin. Now that`s not very big so what exactly are they hoping to create in this tunnel.

It`s all a bit dodgy if you ask me, 17 miles underground doesn`t exactly fill me with confidence.

Rich

The tunnel is 17 miles long, but its only 100 metres under ground!:yikes:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Dont worry folks

I carved something very similar out of "green ash" and birch bark, never had a problem with it......................... once I put shed fire out!:thinkerg: :22: :naughty:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
1) It will take many,many months of work up and systems testing before they get down to serious experimentation.

2)There isn't enough power even in that thing to do any global harm.

3) The world is going to end sometime, does it matter when? We are all going to die eventually anyway.

4)We wouldn't even hear the bang it would happen so rapidly, so don't worry about it.

:rolleyes:

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
No-one who knows what they're talking about is worried. While the LHC will create the highest energy particle collisions ever observed scientifically, higher energy collisions happen in the upper atmosphere at the rate of billions a day, every day, and have done for the last 4 billion years or so. If such a collision could destroy the world (or even the universe, as some particularly unhinged individuals are claiming), it would have happened already.

It's like worrying about melting in the shower, but not about going out in the rain.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
1. They are running late, so they have reduced the testing period to compensate.

2. The scientists say they don't really know what's going to happen, that's why they are doing it.

3. One member of the team said on TV the other day, "The chances of creating a black hole are less than one in a hundred."
scary.gif

4. We could do with creating another universe because we're sure trying to mess this one up.

Hardhat.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE