Easter is here!!! What plans have you got?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Friday-Working
Saturday-Off to the woods in Derbyshire with a friend for some time with a hammock and bow (Strongbow) and have a go at friction firelighting.
Sunday-Playing in the woods, then back home to load the kayak and dissapear up the river.
Monday-Paddle back home, finish a friends underquilt, then do boring stuff like loading the van for work.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Friday - some green laning in Hertfordshire
Sat - kids party / adult bbq
Sun - Easter egg hunt with the kids in the garden, off to the woods to see the bluebells / pignuts.
Mon - seeing my Mum with wife and kids.

Atb, Jon.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
got the full 10 days off :) lots of coastal path walking with the hound and brews along the way, 3 days fishing booked, swarm of locusts round for lunch on Sunday, cut grass etc might have a go at clearing the garage out, try starting the bike, looking for an excuse to use my new axe, oh, big party easter Monday night :)....the list goes on ...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just had Hot X buns for brekkie, about to get the Dandelion wine (second batch) in to demi john - then it is off up the woods for 2 days with Greg and Roly.
Planning a bit of flint knapping, a rubbish clear of the woods, bed making, bird and Badger watching, cooking with nettles and ransoms (perhaps some sorrel, alexanders and celendines), collecting bits for booze making (more!) and a bit of chatting....
:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just had Hot X buns for brekkie, about to get the Dandelion wine (second batch) in to demi john - then it is off up the woods for 2 days with Greg and Roly.
Planning a bit of flint knapping, a rubbish clear of the woods, bed making, bird and Badger watching, cooking with nettles and ransoms (perhaps some sorrel, alexanders and celendines), collecting bits for booze making (more!) and a bit of chatting....

Sounds like a good time will be had John. Make sure you get some pics :)

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff

Man I love hot X-Buns, which recipe did you use John?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A busy weekend for me starting tonight at 20.00, with the Maundy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper Service and Prayer vigil.
Good Friday, 13.00 Silent Prayer, followed at 14.00 by The Lithergy of the Passion.
Easter Sunday, 10.30 Festival Mass.
So not much time too spare.

After all, it is Easter.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Good chance of seeing dancing males though... a very good chance. I saw two pairs at it yesterday.

You were right Jonathan,saw a pair of dancing male adders at the great Kensley inclosure by the lake ,also a couple of single adders,plus a few common lizards,but this fool took his DSLR and forgot to put the CF card back into the slot,still great to watch .Cheers.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Up to now I've been largely fossicking about in the garden,garage & shed.

From monday on I'll be out stalking a silver D of E group around the countryside!
Been asked to provide some activities for the local kids during the wedding day celebrations but we'll see about that when the time comes.

Atb

Ogri the trog

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You were right Jonathan,saw a pair of dancing male adders at the great Kensley inclosure by the lake ,also a couple of single adders,plus a few common lizards,but this fool took his DSLR and forgot to put the CF card back into the slot,still great to watch .Cheers.

That is excellent news, it is very rare to see that behaviour unless you are paid to waste your time trying to like me. I'm well chuffed you experienced it. Shame about the camera though, but you have the memories and actually saw it firsthand, which cannot be replaced or beaten.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE