What are your weekend plans?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I know there is no rest for the wicked with some people here and not everyone gets the weekend off, but does anyone have anything good planned for the weekend?

My plans:

1. Clear the pea gravel off the shed base I put down last year, so a shed can be put on it next week.
2. Dry out the fire pit again... I swear the clouds just wait for me to have a fire to then immediately rain on it
3. Have a stroll around the woods with the dog looking for some birch that may be just sitting there waiting to be carved, perhaps see if I can spot any winter mushrooms about the place

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Saturday: a short day of winter angling, now that it’s finally stopped raining for a few days. It’ll be cold, but bright, and my flask and sarnies will help keep me comfy. Merino undies all round.

Sunday: out rabbiting with the old boys and their ferrets in the local area. We will be on the move all day, with a bit of sprinting here and there, so I’ll be wearing less, but the flask and sarnies will again be there.

On both days the fresh air, wildlife and views are free and to be enjoyed :)

Reactions: Chris

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Already started.

I read about this recipe at the start of the week and its been on my mind all week.

1704492612768.jpeg

1704492664822.png

Saturday - picking up some Willow whips and planting that along a river bank.
Clearing a stream of some obstacles

Sunday - Need to start making a leather sheath and a key fob. If the weather is reasonable enough I will take a woodland wander.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I'd love to carve or turn another bowl if I feel well enough. Have had some evil lurgy all week...

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Already started.

I read about this recipe at the start of the week and its been on my mind all week.

View attachment 84566

View attachment 84567

Saturday - picking up some Willow whips and planting that along a river bank.
Clearing a stream of some obstacles

Sunday - Need to start making a leather sheath and a key fob. If the weather is reasonable enough I will take a woodland wander.
I've been eyeing up making that for a while - how was it?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm on call until next Wednesday so can't go anywhere too far. I do have to go collect a sewing machine I picked up off of Ebay but other than that just chilling out

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Moving some fairy lights from their "It's Christmas!" window position to a "We really need a morale boost of some twinkly lights in Jan/Feb" spot, usual everyday care and maintenance of the Old Man, and hopefully some clear skies (at last) in order to gaze at the stars and give my soul a rinse by reminding myself that the universe is really very big and my troubles are therefore comparatively very, very small.

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Dog walk, doctor's for blood test and possibly barbers. Also, a few other boring things like trying to get some money back from somewhere that overcharged me.

I do however live in a very nice place so at least my first thing dog walk will put me in a very good mood for the rest of the day. I don't want to say where I live exactly but south Cumbria is the general area. There's so many nice places in that area you're unlikely to guess where I live.

Oh! I forgot we have four, solidly built dining room chairs from freegle. They need the ugly paint sanding off before they get treated or possibly painted with a nice, furniture paint we have. We only have a big, flat mechanical sander and they have curved surfaces everywhere so it isn't any good. That means hand sanding them. What fun I have in my life!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've been eyeing up making that for a while - how was it?

Different.. Different in the cooking (think risotto ) and different in the texture of the pasta ( toasted, slightly crunchy ) and the infused heat from the Chilli ( there , but more rounded, mellow and umami warming ?)

Its a lot of faff for a dish however and I don't think I would do it again. I would order it however if ever back in Italy to see if mine was a reasonable interpretation.

Cuckoo996

Sep 8, 2023
Wales
Go through my kit ready for a trip to Scotland later this month, taking my usual hammock set up, but taking a tent setup as a back up just in case.
I hope I don't have to use it, I really don't like ground dwelling

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Shed's been given its first coat of waterproofing. Floor panels put down and bodged temporary workbench (two saw horses and some 18mm MDF) put together. This weekend I'm going to give it a few coats of stain/seal and make it less 'Ikea' pine coloured. Put a couple of vents in it and some cabin hooks on to hold the door open/closed as required.

Then I think I'm going to make some char cloth, for my bushcraft fix. Good excuse to start a fire!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm having a bonfire with all the stuff I've tidied in the garden. I want to prune my apple tree, but a bit concerned with the coming cold snap it wouldn't be the best time. It's been too wet to get up to it before now.
Finish knitting my new balaclava.
Make a stew in the slow cooker.
Take a bimble by the river, with my new spotting scope and watch some wildlife.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I went and got a few groceries, went in a charity shop and found a book on dehydrating.
Oh what a lucky find. I've just come in from visiting my local charity shop and picked up a brand new, still boxed and unused feurhand lantern for £6.
With the merino double blanket , and vintage vitorinox all bought for £6 each, I seem to have a bit of a theme going!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE