Dress up knife carry - what's yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Many of us like to carry a knife, for many reasons from the odd unexpected whittling opportunity to use at lunch time.

But what about these special events, what do you think is the most classic, dress knife that you could carry with a suit or dress? Does not have to be a non locking knife.

Please post pictures and links if available, and looking forward hearing /seeing your choices :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Old style leatherman juice s2.

I find it quite classy and the fact it has coloured aluminium scales makes me think of it as a dress up type knife

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I carry a SAK that has been re-scaled in antler (by Cap'n Badger) and a matching single bladed Sheffield pocket knife.
A Leatherman without a knife blade usually comes along as well....

Reactions: The Frightful

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Either a SAK Farmer or this

image.jpg

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I have a lookalike SAK Classic, with a Yorkshire Rose on the other chain of my pocket watch chain.
Otherwise a SAK Classic SD on my car keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
It's interesting that SAK's are coming out on top of the recommendations. Now I know that they are relatively inexpensive, multi function and available.

But for those that responded, what makes the SAK's so good to you?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The reality is I use my EDC for lots of things every day (when not is smart-wear it's a Champ); the actual blade is only used occasionally. So I need a few other tools on it. My ideal smart pocket knife would have a blade, the wood saw, scissors and the tweezers 'cos I reckon those are the three tools I use most of the time. Unfortunately there's not a slim Alox version with that :(

Reactions: fielder1963

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
IMO, a well selected SAK is a superb little tool.
I love the large size ones. Sits well in the hand.
A fwe of the tools are quite useless. The saw for example. The tweezers are very useful, but then they will get lost.
The toothpick is badly shaped, but easy to adjust.
Then you will lose it too!
:)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
IMO, a well selected SAK is a superb little tool.
I love the large size ones. Sits well in the hand.
A fwe of the tools are quite useless. The saw for example. The tweezers are very useful, but then they will get lost.
The toothpick is badly shaped, but easy to adjust.
Then you will lose it too!
:)
The saw is great IMHO! works a treat as long as you don't overstretch it. I once broke one cutting a large stick at an angle and put a bend on the saw - Victorinox replaced it FOC.

I've never lost a component from any of my SAKs :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The saw is great IMHO! works a treat as long as you don't overstretch it. I once broke one cutting a large stick at an angle and put a bend on the saw - Victorinox replaced it FOC.

I've never lost a component from any of my SAKs :)
Maybe I am just impatient.
I do not know how I lost these components. They just vanished.

Wife has been carrying tiny SAKs in her handbags for decades. No security in Airports have ever complained.

One modification I would love them to make is the design of the scissors, they are just a tad clumsy for nails. Works, but difficult.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Thank you everyone. Have anyone had experience with the fallkniven u4?
I carry and use a Fallkniven TK4 in the countryside, which I reground to a slightly lower blade angle for whittling and other day to day uses. It’s great to use and totally reliable as well as looking ‘smart’ I suppose. I just had a quick look at the prices now though and they seem to have gone up a lot since I got mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE