Dress up knife carry - what's yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
So in revisiting this thread, I have been still looking for my grail dress up carry....and realised it was the Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1, of course no longer available, but have seen they have done the last runs of the Gayle Bradley 2....making way for the 3rd version.

So a email to knivesandtools.co.uk, and I was ordering the GB2....i like a dress up knife to be a statement piece, but importantly useful and good edge holding for whittling, which is my stress joy.

The GB2, feels amazing in the hand, but a different knife from the GB1.

I will be giving it a run, and will draw conclusions soon, on my ideal of a dress up knife, plus a review of a few contenders....to be continued

180fd7fee2364c2141e0bc1d8123610c.jpg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
SAK Spartan - if I'm dressing up the Cork screw and bottle opener will be in demand

Or I'll be in court where you can't take any blade

You go to posher places than I do; all the wine bottles are screw tops where I go :)

You're right though; it's rarely the blade that makes a good dress up knife carry. Like all tools, define the requirement first before choosing the ideal solution (bling being part of the requirement in this case obviously).

Reactions: gra_farmer

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
So in revisiting this thread, I have been still looking for my grail dress up carry....and realised it was the Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1, of course no longer available, but have seen they have done the last runs of the Gayle Bradley 2....making way for the 3rd version.

So a email to knivesandtools.co.uk, and I was ordering the GB2....i like a dress up knife to be a statement piece, but importantly useful and good edge holding for whittling, which is my stress joy.

The GB2, feels amazing in the hand, but a different knife from the GB1.

I will be giving it a run, and will draw conclusions soon, on my ideal of a dress up knife, plus a review of a few contenders....to be continued

180fd7fee2364c2141e0bc1d8123610c.jpg

That‘s a brute of a dress knife, your tailor will be asking sir if sir hangs to the right or the left when he’s measuring you for your suit. :)

I’m still enjoying looking at the Lionsteel Bestman. I don’t think I’d get one, I drop a Boker Slack in for the occasions.

C9BA88F0-EEDF-403E-890C-A391E55476DE.jpeg

Reactions: gra_farmer

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
That‘s a brute of a dress knife, your tailor will be asking sir if sir hangs to the right or the left when he’s measuring you for your suit. :)

I’m still enjoying looking at the Lionsteel Bestman. I don’t think I’d get one, I drop a Boker Slack in for the occasions.

View attachment 61858
Just tried it on with the suit, I is noticeable in the pocket for sure. It is yet to have a true outing....i am one to not worry about getting a knife out to use while suited, and often when I used to rock the British Open scene, as a consultant ecologist/scientist, I was often was asked what sharps I was carrying.

Love the SAK's for Jack of all trades use, and have not ever had one let me down, but lack refinement, and I often look for a single blade in dress up carry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE