Pocket knife - what's yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
After several years of carrying a Victorinox Swiss Champ, I got tired of carting a quarter-brick around with me and moved over to an Arthur Wright Two Bolster Senator. However I was unhappy with the edge retention of the blade and found I was missing the screwdrivers, so I went and bought a Victorinox Tinker.

On balance I'd say the Tinker is the best SAK, there is no "fat" on it at all. Just the stuff you actually need.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
6503zz.jpg

Isn't it about time you started looking at a folding Deval bushcrafter? Seriously, it's got to be the next evolution of the design :approve: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Left to right is an old Swedish barrel knife that used to belong to my Grandad, then a Victorinox SAK for the FAK, my first locking knife my Dad got me when I was about 9 and finally a folder I made a few years back.

2013-01-22090133.jpg

I'd say the most used is the friction folder I made, it does loads of tasks at work and at home. The SAK is always carried but rarely used apart from the toothpick and tweezers. The barrel knife is carried sometimes and the locker rarely gets used these days. Sometimes I bring it camping for old time's sake...

2013-01-22090247.jpg

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
At all Times a SAK farmer. Love the usefulness of the awl, saw, can opener and screwdrivers. Can get it razor sharp and edge retention is not too bad really..

I carry a SAK Super Tinker and a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. I live in a mountain town, so nobody minds I carry a fixed blade on the belt either. Maybe some people do, but most just assume you live up a canyon rather than in town.

I did have a coworker once say it was scary that I carried so many "Weapons". I asked if it would be scary if they where hammers and wrenches, and she said no. Had to re-educate her about knives being tools.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
At the moment my out of work legal edc is a SAK alox farmer, it was a titanium UKPK bit I sold it a few weeks ago.
My daily work carry is now a Bradley alias 1 and a leatherman wave.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Here's my rotation of shiny folders (uk legal).....

DSCF0231.jpg
DSCF0232.jpg

Friction folders left to right: Svord mini peasant in glorious pink, CKC Friction folder No.11, Gavkoo friction folder, TLIM bushcraft friction folder.

DSCF0234.jpg

Slipjoints left to right: Spyderco Grasshopper, Rough Rider mini toothpick, Joker No.32 (I think), SAK Farmer (which many of us own).

I tend to always have my Farmer on me wherever I go and if I go out in the woods, any of the frictions go along too.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE