Pocket knife - what's yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Swiss army Rucksack for me. I have 2 of these. On one I have re-ground the blade to EDC requirements and also the saw to make sure! Also removed the lock and permanently glued the lock button solid. This is an EDC. The other is for reasonable excuse situations.

Also I have a Fallkniven U2 EDC.

Steve.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Looked at the svord pheasant. Does anything hold it open other than the 'tang' stuck out of the spine being held by the hand? Googled it and lots of pictures of people holding one and blood :(

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Looked at the svord pheasant. Does anything hold it open other than the 'tang' stuck out of the spine being held by the hand? Googled it and lots of pictures of people holding one and blood :(

Mine has a nice little tweak which renders it lock solid without a lock!
If I can manage to put some pics on I'll show you how it works.
BTW I've seen lots of Victorinox blades dripping with the owners' blood.Why do you think they have red scales?
Cheers , Simon

pics as promised
top is the buck canoe
middle is an experiment that was good in theory but not to my liking a stockman by buck
and bottom is the joker
P1210059_zps0ed25b2f.jpg

and to tease here are my main users in general
P1210060_zps87d64e06.jpg

top Spyderco bushcraft uk knife-not actually used it yet but it is gonna be my main one after i make it a sheath
WS Woodlore newly sharpened and made pretty by Robevs its scary
mora classic for the old school feel
kellam fixed blade pocket knife
joker

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Now that's not fair. You know I have a shiney, pointy addiction, so that was below the belt :)

Like the joker a lot. Must keep that one in mind. Also never had a Spyderco so that's firmly in mind also. See what you've done.

Two things I've learned from this thread already. EDC and why it's called a canoe knife. I already knew I was addicted so that's not news :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Wenger Evolution 17 soft touch as EDC, never leaves my pocket. Got it in an sale at Cotswolds to replace the Victorinox Rucksack knife I'd carried for about 15 years, but sadly no longer legal because of locking blade. I bought a Mora to live in my rucksack as the Wenger is not suitable for the heavier jobs the Rucksack knife used to cope with. This means I'm back to carrying two knives- just as I always used to when a Boy Scout over 50 years ago!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Some nice knives guys, I'm going to have to get in on this later when I can get some pics up...

V

Vlad8

I'm trying out this at the moment. It's sharp and strong, good for cutting and prying small stuff. Blade is 8 cm and locks in place. Knife folded is 11.5 cm. It has a strong belt clip. Don't ask me if this is legal in the UK - it's legal where I live and that's all I care about

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Here is the lineup of my EDC rotation:
P1210400_zpsd250463f.jpg

SAK Huntsman, Svord Mini Peasant, Spyderco Urban and Squeak.
The Urban doesn't get much pocket time, as it is no longer made and couldn't be replaced if lost (also it is the most expensive). The Squeak is generally in my pocket far more, but has been usurped by the Peasant, which is one very crude knife (uneven grinds, less than straight blade - but cheap and I love it!). The SAK I have had since I was 15 so it is a real old friend (I'm 39 now)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE