Dogs ~ My two.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
About a Year back we got offered a 3 Year old English Bull Terrier Bitch called 'Sara'.
I've grown up around Bull Breeds and used to do alot of the Shows and after loosing our Staffy we couldn't be without a Bull so we accepted the offer and took Her on, She's great, good shape for an English Bull (they're usually fat barrels) and a great nature with the Family, She doesn't however like other Dogs and Is funny with Strangers although She will accept some. I've had Her out with a couple of other Dogs but It took a bit of work before I let Her off the Lead with them..

The Bloke we got Her off has a big Male one and asked If we'd like to breed our little Bitch with His so we had a think and decided yes so when She was In Season we took Her along to see If She'd take, after alot of messing around and a few nips from Her, they finally tied!

She soon got bigger after that and after a bit of a wait She had just the one Pup! Eight Months later and we've now got this Monster..
He's about 18tts and has a great shape to Him, He's really promising!

DSCF1679.jpg

Here's the Bitch:

Dsc01163.jpg

Anybody on here Into their Bull Breeds?

Butch

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have a staffie and love her to bits...
As you say great with people but dogs she doesnt know its a bit OTT
Dogs she does know are fine and i am sure its a breed thing,=.

wernwood004.jpg

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Yea, for a Dog that was bred for Fighting others for Hours In the Pit It's understandable for It to be 'funny' with other Dogs ;)

Butch

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Yea, they get far too much bad press.. Bad owners, not bad Dogs!
And If you beleive every word of the Media then your an Idiot to be honest..

Butch

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Kira was a recue and the homes are always looking for new bull owners.
I remember reading somewhere that staffs make one of the best family dogs.
When she does meet unfamiliar dogs its all heckles and noise but nothing comes of it.:rolleyes:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I'm not a fan of the bull breeds, but have helped rescue and re-home a couple, as my daughter runs a small animal rescue. We have found that due to indiscriminate breeding, and the "current fashion image" for such dogs, there are a huge amount of them looking for homes, with alot of rescues refusing to now take them, or destroying them as soon as they come in, a real shame.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
These are our two dogs

Our English Bull Terrier, Jack and Black Lab Mollie. He's a year old and Mollie is 8 years old.

DSCN0929-1.jpg

Next to yet another ball he's killed. Costing a fortune...

DSCN0927.jpg

Some of the time they are quite good together :rolleyes: But he's a young dog and wants to play when she absolutely doesn't. And Bullies do play rough! We hope he'll turn into a couch potato... soon!

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Better the ball than your mobile, tv remote, kitchen door and wall, table leg, missus`s favourite new expensive shoes..... it goes on :rolleyes:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
There is a staffy that goes to the agility class that I go to. He's brilliant.

He's a friendly little dog and gets on well with people and dogs. There is a big, stupid, overactive young Golden Retriever that often gets away from it's owner and bounces the other dogs. The staffy just flips on his back and wags his tail.

My HWV has a right go:eek: :eek: and they are a placid gundog breed.:rolleyes:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Better the ball than your mobile, tv remote, kitchen door and wall, table leg, missus`s favourite new expensive shoes..... it goes on :rolleyes:

Oh, he's had a go at some of those! table legs, chairs, brollie (dead) the little sod even opened a survival tin I had (new one too), he actually peeled the gaffer tape off it very neatly, and decided the best bit of the content was the vial of potassium permanganate.... he actually was sick on that, and had purple chops for a couple of days...But he is lovely :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE