Question for the computer savvy folk.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm dealing with my late mother's estate. She kept all her paperwork neatly filed in a filing cabinet until about 2012. After searching endlessly for more recent paperwork we came to the conclusion that she had been conducting her affairs from her phone, laptop and two Samsung tablets. We have passwords for the phone and laptop but not the tablets. Is there a way to 'hack' the tablets? We have contacted local computer techs and offered to show death certs etc but they have been reluctant to help so far.

I'm after a simple yes or no type answer, please don't post hacking info in plain sight...

Last edited:

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
If the memory is not encrypted then you may be able create a bootable disk on USB drive and boot from that. That's how I've got into laptops and PCs in the past.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don’t expect to be much help, but I lost my password for an old laptop that had a lot of photographs saved on it. There was a way in via an Admin password change, to allow a new administrator. It turns out I must have already tried that option at some point and it couldn’t be repeated.

Local computer bloke took the hard drive out and connected it to another computer. Data retrieval is pretty common, but I’m not sure how it works for tablets. I can ask him if it’s any help?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I don’t expect to be much help, but I lost my password for an old laptop that had a lot of photographs saved on it. There was a way in via an Admin password change, to allow a new administrator. It turns out I must have already tried that option at some point and it couldn’t be repeated.

Local computer bloke took the hard drive out and connected it to another computer. Data retrieval is pretty common, but I’m not sure how it works for tablets. I can ask him if it’s any help?
That would be appreciated.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
There is a way to get into the service menu, but the only option you would get is a full factory reboot which would erase the user data.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE