Dartmoor 24 Hour Rat Pack Challenge....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Added a few more pics on The Out And About bit, twas lovely up there today.

Also, just happened to speak to the Webstonian today by telefunken, lazy so and so, had not read the thread!

I will let him explain his intentions.

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Well, I can't get the weekend off work but I'll come down Saturday night and be official adjudicator. Obviously whilst sitting in my chair eating a family bucket of KFC washed down with an 8 pack and a bottle of brandy. As official adjudicator I'm excluded from rat pack eating shenanigans!

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well, I can't get the weekend off work but I'll come down Saturday night and be official adjudicator. Obviously whilst sitting in my chair eating a family bucket of KFC washed down with an 8 pack and a bottle of brandy. As official adjudicator I'm excluded from rat pack eating shenanigans!

Brilliant news Mr Webster, obviously i will have special dispensation, to come and meet you(as you don't know where to come)and to help you carry all of the above mentioned items, but please do not tempt me with any of that evil KFC, as we walk slowly across the field.

Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hmm maybe a bfc family bucket would be more befitting...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Sounds much better, just had a peep atheir menu,UMM! They do a 14 piece family bucket for £17.00, that way it would still be piping hot! I will bring the welders gloves up with me , don't want you burning those chubby digits! Oh can you grab a handful of napkins.

Be lovely to see you again, old pal, old mate of mine.

Ivan..

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Yeah Yeah Yeah! Sounds much better, just had a peep atheir menu,UMM! They do a 14 piece family bucket for £17.00, that way it would still be piping hot! I will bring the welders gloves up with me , don't want you burning those chubby digits! Oh can you grab a handful of napkins.

Be lovely to see you again, old pal, old mate of mine.

Ivan..

There should defiantly be some forfit for breaking I'm thinking something to do with Steve's hanky

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
There should defiantly be some forfit for breaking I'm thinking something to do with Steve's hanky

Stuff you Webster, you are on your own son! There is no way on earth i will be leaving the confines of the wood, ring somebody else for directions!

Thanks.

Ivan...

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Can I order something from Webster takeaways please? Looking forward to seeing you go to bed early;
I hear its a theme now-getting old are we ?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Gentlemen, this is a very serious challenge, 8 of the finest Bushcrafters handpicked, finely tuned survival experts in the land.

And as team leader, i must insist that this in house petty bickering must stop, i know it has been a long haul preparing for this excersise, some of you have not seen your friends and family for months, but remember it will all be worth it in the end, i know some of you are understandably a little anxious, but there are only 9 days to go, and you have all gone through so much, to allow a mere thing like, Ray Webmears turning up with everyday food and luxury items be of concern is more of a mental thing, thrown in to the mix to build character and inner strength.

So back up the gym out in the field dragging tyres, packing and re packing your minimal kit, take an hour off if you need , go for a walk or read a book.

So come on! Lets get with the programme, i am off for a run, to the car from the house it's raining, if i can do so can you!

Ivan...,

Team leader/events coordinator and moral booster...

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Sorry Ivan ;your inspirational post really shows the quality of leadership we can expect in this most serious of matters
I cycled home from the pub last night. Just to add to the difficulty level I had 5 pints
Today I am getting in some cold weather training by looking out the window and nipping out to the shed between fags and coffees
I feel I am ready but i do fear for some of the younger ones may falter
Got to get back to my ashtray
Has Mr Webster got a proper job now then ?

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Captain, I don't think these slack jawed pansies have the balls required for such a tough exercise! One whiff of bfc and they'll be grabbing their ankles and crying for their mummies.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Survival manual annotation BFC =Bovey Fried Chicken a rare and sustaining survival food often found on the edges of Dartmoor.usually taken with hydration fluid known as Coke but sometimes with Beer.
BFC appears to contain some combustible elements and can be used as a fire starter
Natures bounty gives us such riches even in the wilderness

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Survival manual annotation BFC =Bovey Fried Chicken a rare and sustaining survival food often found on the edges of Dartmoor.usually taken with hydration fluid known as Coke but sometimes with Beer.
BFC appears to contain some combustible elements and can be used as a fire starter
Natures bounty gives us such riches even in the wilderness

BFC can sometimes be substituted with 'large doner & chips' obviously accompanied with 'chilli sos 'n' slad'
Equally as nutritional as bfc and able to sustain a man in the field for many hours, at least until breakfast usually.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
My dear Mr Redandshane, although Mr Webster is one of the larger members of our group and at times displays a voracious appetite, his calorific needs are in fact no greater than yours.
Two instances spring to mind, Mr Webster bought at his own expense a quantity of Black Bomber cheese and expensive crackers for a late evening snack, and not being a greedy man decided not to eat said items, and took himself off to bed.
You on the other hand pretended that you where staying up a little later to finish your beer, have a coffee and tidy up before retiring.

Little did we realise this was all a ruse to devour the luxury cheese and biscuits, with scant disregard for any other camp members enjoyment, not once but twice, i therefore strongly suggest you let this whole food thing lie.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE