Cowboy Pork and Beans recipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
My opinion of Canadian Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye stands. Save your money.

Did the Japanese not buy, excavate and ship and entire Scottish peat bog to get the water?

They also make Blaked Bleans.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
My opinion of Canadian Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye stands. Save your money.

Did the Japanese not buy, excavate and ship and entire Scottish peat bog to get the water?

They also make Blaked Bleans.

I will ask son in Toronto to try it out.

Would not surprize me if they did, with a couple of bog bodies for authentic flavour!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Canada also makes Gin. Seasoned with 57 herbs from the Arctic, so we are told.
I'm not willing to buy a 750 for the sake of a sip. It has a suspiciously urinary yellow color.

Baked Beans were never like this. Ever needed to eat "BeanO?"

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I never tried lentils until I was in my 50s. They're just not something very common here. That said, I quite like them; easy to cook and I like the taste. Fava beans (broad beans) not so much.

Now a good speckled butterbean is another story:

Raw

SPECKLED+BUTTER+BEANS+1.jpg

Cooked and plated with collard greens

img_0907.JPG

Of course you'll need cornbread to sop up the pot liquor

speckled-butter-beans.jpg%3Fw%3D450

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....Navy beans got their name as a staple variety of the early 20th century, used in the American Navy......

Yeah that was the subject of one of our cadence songs in Air Force basic training. Imagine singing the following lyrics to marching time:

G,I. rice and G.I. gravy,
Gee I wish, I'd joined the Navy,
Then I could eat Navy beans,
and pick a fight with the Marines.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE