Conspiracy Theories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Ok, I am one of those people who are absolutely fascinated by Conspiracy Theories, what is your favourite conspiracy and why?? e.g area 51, princess diana etc etc...

I have to say the whole "presidents secret book" thing mentioned in the national treasure film is quite interesting, I did some research and some people actually think its real, not just made up for the film. Also check out area 19 ;) some apparently abandoned power lines out in the desert...that lead to nothing??

not sure if this will float anyone's boat or spark any good discussions but thought I might as well test the water :)

Edit
these are all just peoples opinions please don't have a go or say they are wrong etc, just accept it for their beliefs and you are very welcome to tell us your own

p.s- just to all those it may concern, I am not saying I agree with all the theories out there ( I know there are some sensitive ones to our over seas friends) I am just stating they interest me.

Thanks

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I used to visit a site called disinformation or disinfo.com, there is tonnes on there. Some of I think are just too strange like 'david ike' for instance but I can see the whole attraction of secret this and that.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Man on the moon! I'm firmly in the camp that beleives it didn't happen! if Neil Armstrong was the first man there, how come there was already a camera man filming him???

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I believe in a lot of things.

Let's say I believe humans got a wee jag or the like to become what we are now.

therefore there was a creator of sorts.

Jesus and virgin Mary?...artificial insemination,simples.

Not exactly conspiracies but there are plenty of writings kept out of the bible just to suit the management of the time.

I've no particular religious or political leanings btw.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Many conspiracies are a superb form of counter intelligence used by the governments....
Someone purposely starts it.....the theory takes on a life of it's own.....and...

Metaphorically speaking....while you are looking at their left hand, their right hand is pulling the wool over your eyes....

Tom

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
these sort of things don't worry me. did the americans land on the moon? well if they did/didn't it hasn't really effected me.

pete

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I think a lot of conspiracy wouldn't surprise me if it were true ie aliens, man in the moon, diana. Mind you Since the birth of the internet, I really don't think anything surprises me now.

There was some good TV by a journalist called Adam Curtis. Not really conspiracy but more the truth behind the scenes. It's interesting watching the monumental cockups and coverups the governments have made over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Curtis
I tend to beleive a lot of what he says, because why Lie about it?

Something I do feel strongly about was the Kennedy assassination cover-up.

I remember catching a programme years ago by John Ronson, there is a youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2vwQf7BEGU

I wonder where these people are now.

I think you can fill your head up with so much crap you end up not knowing whats true or not. It will be a great day when the truth comes out and the evidence to back it up is undisputable.

With the rise of wikileaks and other exposition website, I hope I get to experience some of it in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
the man on the moon thing is an interesting one, for example in a couple of of shots, there appears to be a shadow cast in two directions? how is that possible? and also the flag waves? space is a vacuum there is no way that could possibly happen?

as for the religion one, I feel that although there might be some truth in the bible i.e there could have been some heroic figure in a society named jesus and that he stood for the people and what not, but the water into wine, walking on water, blah blah blah I dont believe. I think that some of the stories were derived from truth but obviously because at the time there was no form of writing, I think the truth has been masked as the stories have passed from generation to generation, in a sort of massive "chinese whispers" and that people have added things to suit they're needs (some people want to have a heroic figure in their life that they can idolise, or perhaps something mothers told children as a fairytale) by the time writing came along I think the stories were more fairytale than fact. Also I believe that some of the things the church WANT us to know and some stuff they dont, so they change it to suit them. There are so many similar figureheads in all religions you can see where people are coming from when they say all religions were derived from the same initial faith.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I think Zeitgeist part 1 and 2 is one of the most powerful conspiracies I've ever seen. Very good movies and ideas behind it. Loved it. And then there is many others that are just a pure fun, like "beer wars", "Foods inc.", "super size me" ... that all show how fu*** up is the American way (consumerism) and how big guys got everyone by their ... tails...Makes you wake up... :D

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Mythbusters did a cracking programme on the moon landing conspiracy. None of the myths about the wobbling flags and shadows lived up to any scrutiny though, and there is nothing untoward or impossible in the films. It was pretty conclusive even to the most die-hard sceptic.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I like the conspiracy theory's like the Philadelphia Experiment and Chem Trails.

As for the Moon conspiracy theory, the flag doesn't wave in the breeze. It was on a horizontal pole as well as the vertical pole, they thought it look better with a wave in it so it looked like it was flapping in the breeze so it wasn't extended all the way along the horizontal pole.

Personally I think they got to the moon, the scientific evidence behind it is so strong, and the conspiracy scientific evidence behind it very weak.

You can show some people evidence till your blue in the face but they will not listen to rational argument as they assume they are right. i.e creationists. I am NOT trying to start a discussion about creationism I was just using that as an example of some people not willing to listen to other peoples views.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
tinfoilhatinstructions.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks Demographic.

The moon one isnt about the moon lnding at all; its about the change in peoples attitudes.

People were impressed at the time...But no one has gone back, and its now so passe, so cold war.

So to cover up they say it was a myth....things are easier to deal with when they are myths...until they get out of control.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE