Woodlore style / MyBush handle comparison

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
Hi all hope this finds you all well.

Need some help please.

I have just bought an Alan Wood MyBush and I'm trying to love the handle but I am struggling. I keep talking myself into it but I am still unsettled. I find it a bit thin and having to grip too hard which could lead to fatigue etc.

I really want to have and use one of Alan's knives. I appreciate there are many other makers though.

I am hoping someone may be able to offer a comparison of a MyBush and one of Alan's Woodlore/woodlore profile handles.

If the woodlore/woodlore profile turns out to have a fuller style I may well try and purchase one

Thanks in advance

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I have the Alan Wood bushcrafter, and I prefer the handle to a my bush, but that's me. The handle shaping is the main difference I find. The SWC woodlore is the only real woodlore I have handled (Rays right hand man, Keith Whitehead's own knife). I liked it, it filled the hand nicely, but I found Mark Hill's woodlore more comfortable out of all.

Pictured below is the handle of the Alan Wood bushcrafter.

AEBF8D58-1953-46FE-B6A4-50C668C71B6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Glass-Wood-Steel

Jul 31, 2016
Cheshire
I owned a Mybush once and thought the handle was very comfortable.
This is a perennial issue with knives, it really does take handling and /or use to find your preference. I would recommend trying to physically handle a few, perhaps at a knife show, before commiting serious money on something else. A description just will not do, it is pretty personal.

Reactions: moley1508

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
I have the Alan Wood bushcrafter, and I prefer the handle to a my bush, but that's me. The handle shaping is the main difference I find. The SWC woodlore is the only real woodlore I have handled (Rays right hand man, Keith Whitehead's own knife). I liked it, it filled the hand nicely, but I found Mark Hill's woodlore more comfortable out of all.

Pictured below is the handle of the Alm Wood bushcrafter.

View attachment 83684
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE