Conspiracy Theories

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
That model is obsolete. I tried it and the voices are still telling me the Warren Commission was a white-wash. Mac

You might want to read this study from MIT:

It has long been suspected that the government has been using satellites to read and control the minds of certain citizens. The use of aluminum helmets has been a common guerrilla tactic against the government's invasive tactics [1]. Surprisingly, these helmets can in fact help the government spy on citizens by amplifying certain key frequency ranges reserved for government use. In addition, none of the three helmets we analyzed provided significant attenuation to most frequency bands.

Or maybe that's just what they want you to think...

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
Maybe if !!The tin foil hat was folded into the shape of a stealth plane - That might help dodge the buggers !!! ha ha ha ha ha

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'm glad I did chemistry.........without googling....water......h2o 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, our library has no books of any worth in it. They say they cant afford them.

And no ones bothered to build a Uni in swindon yet...Apparently the welfare of the local otters (??? otters? in Swindon???) is more important than an insitution, which amung other things, will improve the enviroment and bring business to the town.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I just think its so funny that the conspiracy theorists ignore basic facts in their search for "them".

Classic example - Princess Di death. Only survivor in the Merc was in the front passenger seat - by far and away the most dangerous place to be in a crash. Why? Cos he was the only one who didn't think he was too important to have to wear a seat-belt..................................... Di and Dodi died because they were too stupid to clunk/clip every trip.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
On hearing voices. I have never seen an example of someone who heard voices in which the voices had anything good to say. It's never "Eat right, get more sleep, do your laundry.." It's always "Eat the pizza deliveryman" or something like it. Maybe we're missing the biggest conspiracy out there, that the "voices" truly do have an agenda.

I had often wondered if other countries are as full of conspiracies as the US seems to be. Then I moved to Brazil and learned a few new ones.

#1. The United States teaches in all public schools that the Amazon is not a part of Brazilian national territory. It is listed as an International Zone. I taught history in the US and had never encountered such an idea. I have asked Brazilians on several occasions to produce such a map in a US textbook, even on the internet, and they toss it off by saying, "Everyone knows it's true."

#2. The US has plans to invade Brazil and steal their fresh water resources. l kid you not, many people here believe this. If the Great Lakes and the Mississippi basin run dry maybe, but if that happens I would think the world would not lack for wars in general. The economic reality of transporting fresh water from Brazil to the United States doesn't seem to work its way into the calculations.

#3. Santos Dumont invented the airplane.
OK, not really a conspiracy theory and I don't care who you attribute heavier than air flight to. This is a major thing for Brazilians and even little kids can lay out the argument for you as to why this is a fact.

Mac

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Conspiracy theories hahahahaha what a load of tosh.

The only thing that worries me are Pinky and the Brain's repeated attempts at a Global takeover.

I'm safe though, I'm double insulated with tin foil hat and Wellies.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I just think its so funny that the conspiracy theorists ignore basic facts in their search for "them".

Classic example - Princess Di death. Only survivor in the Merc was in the front passenger seat - by far and away the most dangerous place to be in a crash. Why? Cos he was the only one who didn't think he was too important to have to wear a seat-belt..................................... Di and Dodi died because they were too stupid to clunk/clip every trip.

Strange that, talking to a body guard he told me bodyguards were not to wear seatbelts, needed freedom of movement but he could have been telling porkies.

EdS

too stupid etc and criminals as wearing seat belts is compulsory in France.

I think RoSPA missed a very good opportunity to hammer home seat belt safety with that one.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Strange that, talking to a body guard he told me bodyguards were not to wear seatbelts, needed freedom of movement but he could have been telling porkies.

Like lots of things this would fully depend on you operating procedures, however if your clients car was stopped because you were not wearing your seat belt...Most CPO's remove seat belts just prior to arrival or if the threat/risk assessment calls for it (eg. if you believe you may be required to climb in to the back seat at short notice)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I had often wondered if other countries are as full of conspiracies as the US seems to be. Then I moved to Brazil and learned a few new ones.

<snip>
#2. The US has plans to invade Brazil and steal their fresh water resources. l kid you not, many people here believe this. If the Great Lakes and the Mississippi basin run dry maybe, but if that happens I would think the world would not lack for wars in general. The economic reality of transporting fresh water from Brazil to the United States doesn't seem to work its way into the calculations.

<snip>

The funniest thing about that is the reasons why the US wouldn't do it...well...it doesn't make financial sense...yet....

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
If you actually look at the pics of the Mercedes immediately after the accident, you'll see virtually no damage to the rear of the car at all - most of the impact was on the front and front-right (passenger side) of the car - where the bodyguard - with seat-belt on) was sitting. Trouble is, most of the pics of the car that were published were after the car had been well and truly hacked by the emergency services getting the passengers out.

If dodi and di had been wearing belts, they wouldn't have ended up in a heap in the rear footwells, and would have suffered bruising from the belts, and maybe some whiplash from the initial G-force. Big modern Mercs are notoriously solidly-built. But instead of noting the bleedin obvious, it's all a conspiracy by the Duke of Edinburgh and the british Secret services.

The really stupid thing about the "Di Conspiracy" theories is that it was apparently to "clear the way" for Charles to remarry/be accepted etc. Yet, for the six monhs or so before she died, she'd become a laughing stock in the British Press for her lifestyle aboard the yachts of the rich and famouson the riviera - upper class slapper pretty much sums it up. Her death turned her from a joke to a "national treasure". You really couldn't make it up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE