comic book favourite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Wow!! Lottsa memorys being stirred up...

Loved the weekly comic version of the Punisher whiched also has a Vietnam based story on the back? Tour of Duty? So PUNISHER as one fave.

I moved onto to 2000AD From my brothes hand me downs , Loved ABC WARRIORS with Meg Quake " Bigggg Jobbbs" but idolised Joe Pineapples.
ROGUE TROOPER Was great , also enjoye FINN and of course SlAINE Which had a wonderful rich storyline and backdrop.

Moved on to DEADLINE Which featured TANK GIRL and other characters and some very adult oreintated humour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadline_(magazine)
Also Loved the MARSHALL LAW Series which was a bit like Judge Dredd on Steroids , premise was to catch monsters ( criminals ) you need a far nastier Monster
of your own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshal_Law_(comics)

I'd love to re-read some of the old stuff , anyone got some graphic novels i can rent out??

Last edited:

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
calvin and hobbs.

CalvinAndHobbes1.jpg

Friday!

another fave was a character called FINN, an eco terrorist who ends up fighting aliens!

the list goes on tho, strontium dogs, ABC warriors, sinister dexter, D.R & Quinch, the Durham red spin off series

edit: OMG! i almost forgot SLAINE! one of my all time faves! i must be having a bad day...
i agree with everything you say here melonfish. one thing mate
you forgot bad company!! and canon fodder
almost all the 2000AD comic strips were amazing when i read them which is about the same time frame
Sam

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
another vote for joe pineapples, i have a pencil drawing on the wall at home that a friend did for me, it's a blown up version of a tiny little original in 2000AD, it's waiting to be turned into a very large tattoo on my side but a mixture of funds and fear have postponed the project so far!
devlin waugh on the big screen! what a concept! the entire bible belt offended in one fell swoop, gets my vote every day!

stuart

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Oor Wullie :) Does he count? Or what about The Broons? :D

When I was younger I used to get the Beano religiously every week, so I am a big fan of the Bash Street Kids.

Seconded.

Warlord, Battle and Victor comics and the War Picture Library, the wee booklet with the FS dagger as a badge in the corner.

I never knew 2000AD was so popular, never read it myself.

atb

Liam

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Asterix, Tintin, Sam Slade, Marlon Shakespeare and Billy Butcher.

...and a good few of the ones already mentioned. :)

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Marshal Law! I'd forgotten about him! I particularly liked the arm wrapped in barbed wire. Proper psycho, proper entertaining. As for Joe Pineapples, just a transvestite poseur that lad! ;-)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
dave53 here back in the day they used to call me joe90 thick nat health black framed glasses
regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE