Coke Can Stove???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
sargey said:

Definetley, especially as it's opposite of what other people have found!

sargey said:
have you used a commercial trangia at all?

Yep, and when stoves I've made have worked just as well as atrangia (at least the ones without fiberglass! :wink: )

It's a while since I made them so I'll have to make some more and actually do a direct comparison. It was probably something wrong with my construction.

sargey said:
what should happen is that the burner heats up to the stage that the meths boils, the vapour given off then burns hotter/faster than just the meths. if the meths is all sucked up inside the walls it comes out of the holes in the top of the stove doing a viable impression of a gas burner. with a load of blue flames. if not you just get the one big flame inthe middle.

Yeah both types do this, but the fiberglass ones I've made haven't done as good impression of a gas burner as one's without.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
where's the scratching my head bemusedly icon??? i'll settle for this one-> :-?

buggrit! i'll have to fast forward my plans to make some and get back to you in the week.

cheers, and.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE