Climate Change & Survival.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
But Noah forgot the unicorns!
He didn't forget them, they were too busy playing to listen when the call came. Moral? Don't be a unicorn !
(Unless you are silly enough to believe we have plenty of time left to keep on playing untill it's too late to do anything about it.)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
That peer review isn't allowed unless you 100% agree with the political agenda
Thats so far out it's hard to know where to begin.
The whole of climate science suggesting that anthropogenic global warming was regarded as against pretty much every countries ideas of constant fiscal growth.

It's becoming acepted despite pretty much all governments regarding it as a hot potato.
So, I'll ask again. Which part of the science are you struggling with? Maybe someone on here might be able to find you a few links and help you out a bit?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Thats so far out it's hard to know where to begin.
The whole of climate science suggesting that anthropogenic global warming was regarded as against pretty much every countries ideas of constant fiscal growth.

It's becoming acepted despite pretty much all governments regarding it as a hot potato.
So, I'll ask again. Which part of the science are you struggling with? Maybe someone on here might be able to find you a few links and help you out a bit?
The whole of climate science, good luck with that oxymoron...

I'll say it again, this hasn't been about the science since the 80's

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Though I can see some investments coming fairly soon ... they will be replacements for worn out gear.

Yep, this weekend the zip broke on my 15 year old sleeping bag and a pole bent om my 35 year old tent :( (it was very windy).

I don't want new stuff, I like my old stuff but it can't last forever :(

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The whole of climate science, good luck with that oxymoron...

I'll say it again, this hasn't been about the science since the 80's

You can take a horse to water.......
Your arguments get weaker and weaker. Still waiting for the proof of your argument from a reputable and unarguably source......
I suppose the cop meetings in Cornwall last year was just a multimillion pound jolly for world leaders, and they had meetings to decide on wording to keep extention rebellion happy. ;)

D

Deleted member 56522

Noah warned everyone that disaster was coming. People laughed at him and called him a wako. Did nothing to help or save themselves, When the disaster began, they all decided too late, that they had been wrong.
We all know what happened.

Just a thought for those who think it's normal weather patterns, and laugh or deny those who are trying to warn them, that they realy need to "get on board"
The next ice age is coming, we're 2000 years over due for it to start. The next ice-age will the vast majority of the earth's population. If global warming were possible in an interglacial, it would have happened every time the planet came out the ice-age.

I bet there were people at the time of Noah telling the world: Don't listen to that nutter it's global drying you should be afraid of.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Your arguments get weaker and weaker. Still waiting for the proof of your argument from a reputable and unarguably source......
I suppose the cop meetings in Cornwall last year was just a multimillion pound jolly for world leaders, and they had meetings to decide on wording to keep extention rebellion happy. ;)
Some horses can’t even be taken to water!

• Haha
Reactions: swyn and Woody girl

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Noah warned everyone that disaster was coming. People laughed at him and called him a wako. Did nothing to help or save themselves, When the disaster began, they all decided too late, that they had been wrong.
We all know what happened.

Just a thought for those who think it's normal weather patterns, and laugh or deny those who are trying to warn them, that they realy need to "get on board"

Who says that is the case? Perhaps you can link to that fallacy, ....sorry...
" fact"?

Sorry, couldn't resist - that is a joke! :)

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Who says that is the case? Perhaps you can link to that fallacy, ....sorry...
" fact"?

Sorry, couldn't resist - that is a joke! :)
Actually unicorns are mentioned in the bible about nine times.. don’t ask me for chapter and verse!
But... it only came into being as a descriptive word when the king James Bible was translated from Latin into English. The English translation of a single horned creature the size of a horse is origionaly thought to be some sort of now extinct aurox .
I'm still looking for unicorn horns myself to prove they are /were real. :)
I believe in unicorns!!!!!!!!! Nobody gonna tell me they don't exist, as they have been mentioned in the ultimate truth of the Bible!!! :)
(Sorry, don't mean to offend any devout Christians that might be lurking here. Just trying to prove that anything can be proved as long as you have a "reputable"source)
Also proving one needs to look a little deeper than face value at any information presented in such a source.

Last edited:
Reactions: swyn

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'm not here to argue with anyone, a member here chucked a load of pointless links up to cause drama and I replied against them, big deal.

Not a shread of real evidence was delivered, just alot of media driven hysteria

The worlds been dying since the bible.

COP what did they fix? - nothing but plenty of underhanded deals were done though...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Normally, when someone tries to belittle and write-off such serious subjects as climate change and Covid, it's because they are scared and realise it is out of their control.
Thanks for that ;)

Maybe they read up on the subject and realise the media drama has blown it all out of proportion, so much so they were happy to be on the front line during the pandemic caring for covid positive patient's? just maybe?
Actually unicorns are mentioned in the bible about nine times.. don’t ask me for chapter and verse!
I won't works of fiction have no place in science

I'm off now, minds arn't for changing, controlling maybe but not changing...

• Haha
Reactions: Woody girl

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are unicorns; they're all over the place up here. It's the National animal :D
It's carved on everything from gateways to castles. Has been so for hundreds of years.

I think the biggest issues are that folks have conflated so many differing strands of 'evidence' and when it is looked at, with thought, rather than just glanced through and spouted onwards, then the evidence presented in support often doesn't actually apply to the topic.
That muddle becomes both annoying and frustrating, and we end up with folks ranting and raving against anyone who says, "Well, wait a minute, this isn't actually relevant", and, "How much did you get paid to write this ?".

We need encouragement to change things, not harangued or browbeaten with ranting great screeds of mixed grade science and tabloid journalism.

The Earth and it's climate are in a constant state of flux. Albeit it's a long time period kind of flux usually.
It was warmer here when the Romans invaded Britain than it is now.
What is now sub marginal land was productive arable land then.

I'm not denying climate change, or mankind's part in it, but change is normal, not just driven by us.
It's how we adapt to those changes that matters, but that change needs society to adapt; in the grand scheme of things a few individuals aren't going to do it, regardless of how careful or conscientious they may be.

So, I won't be becoming a 'crusty' and I won't be giving up living in a warm dry home, even if I am not energy self sufficient, or off grid for water, sewerage, electricity, gas or even cable internet.
My 'society' is trying to change, and slowly we're getting there at least on the green energy front :)
The rest will just take a bit more time and effort.

Turn down the thermostat a degree or so though, put on another jumper and some socks, it's March, not mid Summer :)

Reactions: bobnewboy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm not here to argue with anyone, a member here chucked a load of pointless links up to cause drama and I replied against them, big deal.

Not a shread of real evidence was delivered, just alot of media driven hysteria

The worlds been dying since the bible.

COP what did they fix? - nothing but plenty of underhanded deals were done though...
Point 1. By replying to negate it, you are arguing

Point 2. You have not produced any proof of your opinion, but rubbish others opinions.

Point 3. A pointless point.

Point 4. Were you there, taking part to be able to make such a definite statement? If not you are not realy any more in the know than any other member of the public are you.?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE