Chronicles of Ancient Darkness-Michelle Paver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hey, I was just wondering who here has read any of the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness books by Michelle Paver. Books so far

-Wolf Brother
-Spirit Walker
-Soul Eater
-Outcast
-Oath Breaker
-Ghost Hunter

I know these books are for kids between 8-14 or something like that but I find them really enjoyable. (the last 3 books are a better, obviously because the original audience has grown up)

If you haven't already read them I suggest you give them a try. They are about a young boy living in aboriginal Britain when we had to live off the land and were hunter gatherers. In the story they are all divided into clans etc etc it's really good.

Also for those who have already read them...do you know anything about the "Wolf Brother" film. I know Fox bought the film rights a couple years back but I have never heard anything about the film actually going into production.

Cheers

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
I got the first two as audio books - I think the first one was free for some reason - and I enjoyed them both.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Just reading the last one. They are great. Shame that they are coming to an end. One of the big studios has the rights to them and there's meant to be a film one day.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
A lot of the kids at school read them (as I have) and find them really useful for the bushcraft sessions I run there twice a week.

They are well written and informed. I've taken school groups off to hear Michelle Paver talk on two occasions. She's a very interesting and interested author, her greatest passion being for wolves. I think that this deep-seated enthusiasm pours off the pages of the novels. They're definitely worth a look.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I've read all but the new I enjoyed them very much even if they are fo kids the detail is superb and the stories compelling, absorbing and great to read.

That reminds me off to amazon to get the latest one :)

J*

EarlyRiser

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2009
Perthshire
Fantastic books, entirely absorbing from the first page. My 11 year old son put me on to them when he borrowed the first from the school library. I've read all but the most recent and thoroughly reccommend them.

Tom

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I listened to a radio interview with the author a few weeks ago and thought they sounded interesting.
Think I'll have to start reading them after the comments too.

Me and the Mrs are going to be a right pair of teenagers what with her reading the Twillight books at the same time!

C

chrispychris

they are brilliant books Im 15 and have read up to oath breaker and am eagerly awaiting the next one they are very enjoyble and I feel quite an accurate view of hunter/gatherer times they are relevant to bushcrafting as the books portray many of the skills that bushcraft is built upon and I would definately reccomend these books to anyone with so much as a passing interest in the foundations and history of bushcraft and the people who used it in hunter/gatherer times

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE