Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i cant come come as my dad is busy that saturday so he wont be able to take me
owwwww gutted
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
my mum said that she will take me to the moot so i can come after all, is there any spaces left, can i pay there or do i have to pay through paypal
see you all there
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
I have been kindly given some fomes fomentarius <thanks Fred> and was wondering if anybody would like me to bring one along to prepare at the Christmas Moot?

I've never had a go at this so it might be interesting!

Will need suitable vessel to boil it in though.

Phil.
i also have some of this, if i bring it along could someone help me prepare it
can someone pm me the address so i can get directions for it
leon

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
Hi Rich,

I've been thinking about getting a copy of Mors' book, so I'll galdly buy it off you. Just let me know how much you want for it.

Micah

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
sorry to mess you guys around but it looks like i cant come after all as i have to work
leon

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I have a small question - whats the situation with water at the moot site? is their running water there or will we need to bring it all in?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, there's running water so no need to carry any onsite, there's toilets as well :D

Anyone that wants to come is welcome, you can pay right up to the Friday morning and if you suddenly decide you want to come just come, we'll not turn people away, it's a Moot :)

Jan 5, 2006
Cambridge
Hi Tony
This sounds like being a great Moot. I hope payment arrived ok…
How late Friday night is acceptable to arrive? It would be nice to get away after work, 16.00.
If a Grid Ref could be send, I can plot a route, works out the best way to travel missing the rush hour. :drive:
Or leave early Saturday Morning. See this site. http://www.gridref.org.uk/

Wreath is being made this next week. http://www.earthely.co.uk/ Earth is part of my work, I spend Tuesdays with these guys.
Take care

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I'm going to try to be there on Sunday - jobs and SWMBO permitting :banghead:
Has the location been posted up yet or is it a PM only thing?

Cheers

Mark

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
I was also thinking of coming along Friday evening depending on how late is acceptable. There was also a notice about mulled wine a while back which is a great idea. Does it matter what kind of wine you use?

Micah

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Gobbler said:
I was also thinking of coming along Friday evening depending on how late is acceptable. There was also a notice about mulled wine a while back which is a great idea. Does it matter what kind of wine you use?

Micah

I was thinking of mulled wine - but I'm gonna order a large quantity of proper dry cider and spices then mull that for a proper wassial! :)

if you want to bring red wine and sugar, I have quite a few Gluhfix (gluhwein teabags!) that we can use...

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Unfortunately i have just been told in no uncertain terms that i am not going to be able to make it . It is kind of my own fault though , i felt Cody (the bacon hunter) needed a play mate and so came home today with a 9 week old pup . Good news is i am getting to use my hammock as i have been told i am not sleeping in the house !
Swmbo will calm down soon but i think i may be pushing my luck to run off to the moot too !
The little lady i came home with is a Douge De Bordeaux or french mastiff that goes by the name of Lilly . For those Bacon hunter fans out there , only a couple of years and i am planning to have a litter from the pair as long as i am satisfied with temprements etc . They will be BIG dogs , but that just means bigger cuddles !!
I will post some photos up on the site soon
Once again my appologies for not being able to make this meet .
Pumbaa

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Right iv'e put my butterflies aside and i'll be comming. Probably turn up on Friday to get a feel for the place and help do some setting up. Also gives me a chance to examine suitable hammock spaces without looking too green! :D I have a long weekend off so i can let my hair down ( litterally ), Oh god just thought. are there any other long haired bearded 35 yr old hippy types so i can blend in a bit? :lmao:
I shall read the whole thread to find out payment details.
this is great, i havn't been so excited for a long time!
Can't wait to meet you all and make some friends.
:35:
Right, Payment!
Do i need cash?, will there be lots of tempting things, is andrew/outdoorcode going? :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE