Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dragonferret

Oct 10, 2005
pl9
Sorry tony i think i'll have to sit this one out i'm afraid as i'm not good with confined spaces and would feel like a piece of livestock . :eek: . Anyway i thought this was bush craft not barncraft . Plus its a bit far for me to travel .

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
peds8045 said:
Is there a chance that we could arrive on the Friday afternoon and leave on the Sunday? Following some very recent discussions I know that i am not alone when i say that some people do not want to make the trip and the associated fuel costs for one night.

Hi Mate. Yeah, coming on Friday is fine. We’re getting there Friday to set up so anyone that wants to come and help with that is more than welcome. There’s not going to be much going on but it will be another opportunity to sit and chat around the fire 

dragonferret said:
Sorry tony i think i'll have to sit this one out i'm afraid as i'm not good with confined spaces and would feel like a piece of livestock . :eek: . Anyway i thought this was bush craft not barncraft . Plus its a bit far for me to travel .

Fair enough, it would have been good to see you, as you say, it’s a long way though.

The barn’s big at 100’ x 40’ and it’s there in case the weather isn’t good. There’s plenty of space outside and if the weather is good we’ll do stuff out there. We’re getting together to enjoy ourselves, have a walk, chat with friends, practice any stuff we want to etc. It’s not a full on skills weekend. I don’t think that people will find it too close though, camp in the trees, or in the open space, eat outside or inside…..

WW, sorry for not replying to your PM, I’ll do it now :D

dragonferret

Oct 10, 2005
pl9
I'm glad nobody took my last post to heart as an insult as it was only meant to be taken in humore as it was . :lmao: All joking aside it would have been a good chance to meet the man behind such a great community as this one and enjoyed the spirit of an offical moot . Only have one wish and that would be that us further up north could have a offical moot with tony present in the near future .

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Paypal on its way Tony for me and the medium sized devil.

...hey if theres a side of a barn.... I could bring the bows! We might hit something! ;)

ATB

Ogri the trog

I PM'd this over to Tony earlier: -

Hi Tony,

To cut to the chase - I'd love to attend the Xmas Moot but I'd need a bit of help in setting up my kit to sleep out the way I have dreamed of.

I have some very robust tents, my favourite being a Mountain Equipment Torres 3 XT - this is wonderful and pokes up with anything, but it is hardly bushcrafty

I would love to have some help learning to set up, and experienceing for the first time, a tarp shelter with hammock. I have a Magikelly hammock, BCUK underblanket and I have just bought, based on your appraisal, Nanok 0 Endurance AND the -10.

My other half Nikki has said I'm "allowed to go"and i was wondering if yuo knew of somebody that would be kind enough to teach me how to set up my gear and get the best out of it?

I would post to the thread - but I'm shy LOL - more like I don't want to look like a plonker!

Cheers,

Phil.

Thanks for the kind reply Tony - I'll prolly stick the tent in the car just in case :lmao:

If all goes well in the next few week it looks like I might see you there!

Phil.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
I PM'd this over to Tony earlier: -

Hi Tony,

To cut to the chase - I'd love to attend the Xmas Moot but I'd need a bit of help in setting up my kit to sleep out the way I have dreamed of.

I have some very robust tents, my favourite being a Mountain Equipment Torres 3 XT - this is wonderful and pokes up with anything, but it is hardly bushcrafty

I would love to have some help learning to set up, and experienceing for the first time, a tarp shelter with hammock. I have a Magikelly hammock, BCUK underblanket and I have just bought, based on your appraisal, Nanok 0 Endurance AND the -10.

My other half Nikki has said I'm "allowed to go"and i was wondering if yuo knew of somebody that would be kind enough to teach me how to set up my gear and get the best out of it?

I would post to the thread - but I'm shy LOL - more like I don't want to look like a plonker!

Cheers,

Phil.

Thanks for the kind reply Tony - I'll prolly stick the tent in the car just in case :lmao:

If all goes well in the next few week it looks like I might see you there!

Phil.

I'll be more than happy to help you setup your gear mate - you'll have no trouble at all finding people willing to show you whatever they know on pretty much any subject you can point a stick at - the Moots are just like that! :D

First time I was setting a trap and hammock up I had loads of help and all of it in the best possible spirit.

PM me if you wanna chat about it at all.

Rich.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
We could charge for the entertainment value too TMKTC!!!

Please don't let such things put you off coming. My main hope that it does not rain all day, although the building is big enough to practice stringing hammocks and tarps in from various posts/beams etc. Also as WW has said, there are always willing helpers.
There is plenty of 'tent' space outside.
Look forward to meeting you AND Nikki.
Swyn.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Too Much Kit To Carry, this will be my first moot but I reckon you're going to have more help than you can imagine.

So, bring your hammock, tent and anything else you've not got around to using yet. I'd more than happy to help along with swyn, weekend_warrior and, no doubt, everyone else.

I'll be bring my hammock too (with a tent in the car also!) See you there.

Andy

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
It looks like I might be able to make it there for the day on the Sunday if that's OK ? Can whoever is responsible for such please let me know where to head for and who I might make any payment to on the day if I can get there? Thanks guys.

I have been kindly given some fomes fomentarius <thanks Fred> and was wondering if anybody would like me to bring one along to prepare at the Christmas Moot?

I've never had a go at this so it might be interesting!

Will need suitable vessel to boil it in though.

Phil.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Will there be space to throw a few atlatl darts?

Also I seem to have a spare copy of Mors Kochanski's book "Bushcraft: Outdoor Skills and Wilderness Survival " if anyone wants to buy it off me for a few pounds.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I would love to come to this but everything hangs in the balance with work which is why i havn't said anything. Should find out tommorrow though hopefully.
It would be great to meet you all. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE