Christmas Moot - 9/10th Dec 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

micah

Oct 30, 2006
london
weekend_warrior said:
I was thinking of mulled wine - but I'm gonna order a large quantity of proper dry cider and spices then mull that for a proper wassial! :)

if you want to bring red wine and sugar, I have quite a few Gluhfix (gluhwein teabags!) that we can use...

Red wine and sugar it is then....

Jan 5, 2006
Cambridge
swyn said:
Stewart Holmes. Apologies for not being Tony but there is a PM on it's way to you.
Swyn.

Hi Swyn
No prob. Thanks for the info, route plotted. I will take your advice. Worm clothing and arrive later or early Sat morning.
Stew

Rod

On a new journey
pumbaa said:
Unfortunately i have just been told in no uncertain terms that i am not going to be able to make it . It is kind of my own fault though , i felt Cody (the bacon hunter) needed a play mate and so came home today with a 9 week old pup . Good news is i am getting to use my hammock as i have been told i am not sleeping in the house !
Swmbo will calm down soon but i think i may be pushing my luck to run off to the moot too !
The little lady i came home with is a Douge De Bordeaux or french mastiff that goes by the name of Lilly . For those Bacon hunter fans out there , only a couple of years and i am planning to have a litter from the pair as long as i am satisfied with temprements etc . They will be BIG dogs , but that just means bigger cuddles !!
I will post some photos up on the site soon
Once again my appologies for not being able to make this meet .
Pumbaa

Sorry to hear you won't be there Pumbaa - have a great festive season.

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Hi Swyn, I sent a PM to Tony yesterday but haven't heard back.

I'd like to come to the Christmas Moot and bring my 18 year old son but have a few questions.

1. Is there room for us?
2. Is the nearest train station Princes Risborough? (I'm driving from Chester but will pick my son up as he's coming from London).
3. If I were able to make it on Friday evening would that be ok?
4. I presume I'll be bringing my own food, stove, pots etc?

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Damn, just realised i#d posted this in the wrong forun yesterday.

Just got permission to come from swmbo. Yippee! Aparently she does't want me following her about while she does xmas shopping (shame )
Will be down on Saturday morning with some homebrew mead.
See y'all there

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hello Lightfoot.
I think Tony is very busy at present so will answer your questions as best I can.
1, Yes, plenty of room, be it tent, hammock or basha etc.
2, 'Risborough is probably the best station to get to and pick your boy up from if you are coming from Chester.
3, Fri eve is fine if you are prepared to help the others who are doing the setting up.
4, This is very much a self catering event. There will be a fire to use for cooking/burning your food.
As the venue is at 750 feet above sea level I would recommend to bring warm stuff.
Would it be possible for you to pay 'Bushcraft Media' in advance as requested by Tony? This will ensure that you recieve the directions and just makes life simpler. Failing that I'm sure that it is OK to pay on arrival.
Any problems with this please don't hesitate to send a PM to me. I will answer promptly.
Regards from Swyn.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Just been taking a look at the weather forecast for the weekend, Saturday looks good so far, a bit chilly but an extra layer will sort that out. Sundays down for showers, so all in, it looks like a promising weekend.
Take a look on the following link if you're interested:-

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1160

I think I'll bring along some Blackberry vodka too, as a warmer, it's been on the go since August, so may be ready by now? Haven't tried it before, so it's a bit experimental.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info. Do you also have the post code please?

Cheers,

Phil.
Post code.....? Phil, do you have so much kit you need to send some in advance by courier. Get a trailer........ :D

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
To much kit to carry, I was thinking of coming along on my bike, just to try and resist the urge to bring too much! at the Merthyr moot this year we could've lasted for months on what we took!! :lmao:

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
OK. We're ready :) (Had to do it for 200th post)

DSC00802.jpg

Pablo (and Bushcraft Bear)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE