Choice phrases...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
( You know it's said that during the Scottish march south during the 1745 rebelion that they got to Newcastle and found that their shoes were wearing out. The young pretender wrote a letter asking for 10'000 brogues to be sent urgently. Unfortunately the letter arrived late and the handwritting was terrible and they sent 10'000 rogues instead. They stayed as you can see on a saturday night down the Toon!);)

PS I like the Geordies, but a bit of banters fun.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Happier than a buzzard in a gut truck. (Cajun Pawn Stars)
Two from an early M*A*S*H episode-
Well strap me to the side of a pig and roll me in the mud.
Well lash me to an ant hill and smother me in jam.
And one from Blazing Saddles-
Well raise my rent.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
A friend of told me this phrase back in the late 70's and it is with some guilt feelings that I repeat it here. Seems he was at a night club when this girl had taken a fancy to him and kept pestering him. So he finally put her down with the remark:

"Listen love, I've cut the heads of better looking cod than you."

Maybe I'm thinking too much about it, but I can't help but wonder how shattered that poor girl's ego must have been hearing that. It's like the Atomic bomb of put downs. Hopefully she was too drunk to remember the next day though. Small graces if so.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Here's two of my old father's sayings:

Said of someone known for untruths..........You can't believe him when he whistles!

Said of a copper who looked abot 18 yrs. old:.............Yer ma's got sausages in the freezer older than him!

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
My father-in-law, who is approaching 90, is fond of this one:

"If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE