Can anyone help me find one of these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I am looking for this model of billhook that used to be manufactured in Finland by Marttiini:

billhook.jpg

it was issued to the Swedish army, (and may still be?) though in this case the is blade painted green instead of red.

I have been trying to get hold of one for a while now, Marttiini have stopped making them, and have no remaining stock. I have been unable to source one second hand.

If you own one of these and might be convinced to sell it let me know, likewise if you know someone who might own one, or have contacts with someone involved with Swedish military surplus, or simply live somewhere in Scandinavia and wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for one, I would greatly appreciate it.

There was also a slightly different model that looked like this:

billhook2ndchoice.jpg

If I can’t find the former I would settle for one of these.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that someone reading this has one sitting in their shed.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Having seen one of these in action, I must say I am impressed.

It handles the jungle very well and the hook is an excellent feature. I handles the dry brushwood better than my duku (Iban short sword) and may be better than it in sapling felling though the playing field wan't quite level - as the duku hadn't been sharpened for a while and the Marttiini was Mors' :eek:

Apart from anti-social use such as head hunting, I think the only advantage the duku may have is in clearing long grasses due to its longer length and the curve.

It may look like a bush knife designed by Volvo but its a well thought out one.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Thanks for the help guys, I have one now, thanks to our Canadian freinds!

I've been playing with it in BOD's woods, its tropical forest performance is everyhting I hoped it would be

J. J. Magnum

Feb 28, 2006
USA
I am looking for this model of billhook that used to be manufactured in Finland by Marttiini:

billhook.jpg

it was issued to the Swedish army, (and may still be?) though in this case the is blade painted green instead of red.

I have been trying to get hold of one for a while now, Marttiini have stopped making them, and have no remaining stock. I have been unable to source one second hand.

If you own one of these and might be convinced to sell it let me know, likewise if you know someone who might own one, or have contacts with someone involved with Swedish military surplus, or simply live somewhere in Scandinavia and wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for one, I would greatly appreciate it.

There was also a slightly different model that looked like this:

billhook2ndchoice.jpg

If I can’t find the former I would settle for one of these.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that someone reading this has one sitting in their shed.

Got mine from Kellam years ago. I don't know if they still have them but it might be worth a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE