Help finding a book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger85

Dec 28, 2011
north wales
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help identify a book, it was one of my grandads and was the book that really got me into the woods as a kid, it's long since been lost and I can only remember one "trap" from it.
The description was to basically push a bottle into the ground neck first and then add baiit around it. The idea of it was that a bird would eat the bait and greedily force it's head into the "neck" portion of the imprint and get stuck fast!
There was also a crude drawing to go with it.
I remember setting a few of these up in the garden and being disappointed that I didn't have a flock of birds with their heads stuck in the ground the next morning!!
I've got a decent library of books new and old and have never seen this in any of them
Hopefully someone has seen it too

Thanks in advance

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help identify a book, it was one of my grandads and was the book that really got me into the woods as a kid, it's long since been lost and I can only remember one "trap" from it.
The description was to basically push a bottle into the ground neck first and then add baiit around it. The idea of it was that a bird would eat the bait and greedily force it's head into the "neck" portion of the imprint and get stuck fast!
There was also a crude drawing to go with it.
I remember setting a few of these up in the garden and being disappointed that I didn't have a flock of birds with their heads stuck in the ground the next morning!!
I've got a decent library of books new and old and have never seen this in any of them
Hopefully someone has seen it too

Thanks in advance

Do you remember the front cover of the book at all? I mean visually. Colours etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE