BushMoot 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Heya folks

I'm hoping to make it for the first time in 3 years or so... Friday to Tuesday/Wednesday.

Tony - I tried to PM you but your box is full (heh - some things never change...)

All the best, and hope to see folks there!

John

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Shame; I was just about to buy a ticket for the core days when I spotted the 'no dogs' rule. I'm sure you have the rule for a good reason but Tom would never forgive me, not sure my missus would either if she found herself having to take ten-mile walks every day.

Last edited:

shelly

Admin
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Deepest Wales
Shame; I was just about to buy a ticket for the core days when I spotted the 'no dogs' rule. I'm sure you have the rule for a good reason but Tom would never forgive me, not sure my missus would either if she found herself having to take ten-mile walks every day.

Sorry about that but we have to abide by site rules. "No animals of any kind are allowed on site." (Not sure how they keep out birds and squirrels though!:p)

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
If it's a general camping site, they might have had bad experiences involving hooligans and staffies/pit crosses in the past. Can't say I blame them if that's the case.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I'd Love to bring our dogs too but its probably An issue with the wildlife possibly red deer why they arnt permitted to be fair

Paddytray .;

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Question.
Is there a mains socket on site to charge a phone or batteries for an hour or so every few days. Or do I have to stack up?

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Even better :)
I'll take extra batteries for my torch and a portable powerbank for my mobile (it will be my camera in plane mode).

My mantra for the rest of the week: "don't break a leg, don't break a leg, don't break a leg, don't break a leg..." :D

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
One of the things I do when outdoors is to keep my phone off. Or in "airplane" mode if I wan't to use it as a camera. This weekend in cumbria I have used 40% of my battery over 3 days using it that way so I'll be fine with my portable battery :)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Depending on what phone you have especially smartphones if you go into settings to networks and change to gsm only so the phone isn't looking for data connections etc you may get signal where you normally couldn't.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Best signal achieved (including 3G) on top of the dunes out on the sands
Best signal on site, signal tree up by the naughty corner (need long legs though)
Just about had a signal on site here and there, sometimes in my hammock - close by the aforementioned shower block.
Can just about get a signal by the aforementioned gate.

Was on o2 with all this. Vodaphone likely to be better as they've had a deal with all the emergency services to mount aerials on all their sites.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE