Bushcrafter Beard Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Black on this morning, love it !!

Cinnamon,black pepper?
German Winter market, sweet finish...
Different carrier oil? ( more 'oily' but I like that. Not in anyway TOO oily. )

C.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sounds like its going well!

Have to say Im lovin that stuff Gill reccomended, the dapper gent, beard oil, 'the wilds'
Its a mixture of Bergamot, Rosewood, Sandalwood, fused with jojoba, Camellia, and vitamin E oils.
Ive also started putting a dab of brylcreem on my hair as its a bit dry.....[***** Im turning into my Dad!]

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Same carrier oil in all five Chris. I decided to focus the first trial purely on scent, we will repeat the trial later with several different carrier oils.

Excellent nose on you sir!

Not too strong?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Not at all too strong sir, I am not keen on wishy-washy.
Just got sniffed and kissed on the cheek buying my free range eggs from my Free-holding neighbor
who announced 'Oh you smell lovely, like Xmas pudding!

Chris.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Have you noticed any effect on how your beard feels Dave (other than the smells)?

I think so yes, and thats the main thing. I get quite dry skin [psoriasis] so I have to use diprobase moisturisers from the GP.

And a bit of oil in the beard, is like a conditioner/moisturiser. Gives a bit of confidence I think. It also seems to help train it a bit, and gives it a bit of waterproofing! Yep:) im a convert.

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good info, thanks. I am experimenting with the carrier oils to get one that softens the follicles, conditions, but does not feel greasy.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I get quite dry skin [psoriasis] so I have to use diprobase moisturisers from the GP.

Dave have you tried Bio Oil for your psoriasis? A female friend has just discovered its a miricale cure for her psoriasis. She is 41 and has suffered since childhood. After 4 weeks using the Bio Oil. She now has the confidence to wear a short skirt in public. First time since being 18. Also some coop chemists are selling Bio Oil at half the RRP.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dave have you tried Bio Oil for your psoriasis? A female friend has just discovered its a miricale cure for her psoriasis. She is 41 and has suffered since childhood. After 4 weeks using the Bio Oil. She now has the confidence to wear a short skirt in public. First time since being 18. Also some coop chemists are selling Bio Oil at half the RRP.

I use steroid creams, plus Im on methotrexate and prednisolone for Sarcoidosis, which clears its up most of the time, but I'll have a look at the bio oil. Cheers.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Going to need 30ml of oil when I find one or two I like Red.
My beard is shortish but thick at the mo ( had to chop it for panto!)
I am using 7-8 drops at this stage but could easily go 10, even now.
Just a thought.

da C.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not a problem Chris, I will do either 25ml or 50ml bottles when we hit the right formula. I might even cover the development costs, though I doubt it :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent, I'm pleased to hear it. Do let us know what you think as you get a chance to try them!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Slightly O/T but what colours are your beards?
From a distance mine looks black, but on closer inspection its mainly red, dirty blonde, bit of grey around the mouth, and black under the chin.
My hair has always been dark or mousey brown.

I wonder if that tells us anything about our ancestry?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Slightly O/T but what colours are your beards?
From a distance mine looks black, but on closer inspection its mainly red, dirty blonde, bit of grey around the mouth, and black under the chin.
My hair has always been dark or mousey brown.

I wonder if that tells us anything about our ancestry?

Mine is ginger and white. Increasing amounts of white.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Following this thread i can't help but wonder what Squirrel smells like....

Can definitely see me being interested in these, my beard is starting to itch >.< although to be fair i should trim it but i'm growing it out for charity*, that said i tend to let it grow anyway as I don't like being clean-shaven and only tend to go to a #2 if i have to trim it.

* My local cub pack are holding a "Shave Shere-Khan" night to help fund my Japan trip; hair, beard (*cries) and possibly eyebrows (not decided on that one yet!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE